Old 05-10-2015, 09:30 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2010 23' FB Flying Cloud
NA , Here and There
Dometic Americana Failure

Hello All,

My wife and I have made the leap into a '10 Flying Cloud full-time. The refrigerator on the unit did not work at when I first turned it on. The "auto" light would come on - and then after several second I would hear the propane igniter clicking in the back. I turned the propane on and it would not stay light. I attempted to light it with a grill-lighter, and it stays lit only as long as I hold the lighter to it. Very strange.

I then notice a red wire leading to the coil was unplugged. I plugged it into the coil and it started working! Excited that we finally have a working refrigerator we went out and bought perishables. Soon after stocking the fridge I noticed the fan in the back would kick on and make some noise. I assumed this was normal. It seemed to get noisier. I woke up this morning and the fridge will not work at all. (The fridge was functioning a little less than a day.)

The auto light does not come on and the check light flickers a couple times before trying to ignite propane. I'm having the same propane issues as before.

I plan to replace the fan, but I'm wonder if a faulty fan would put the fridge out of commission altogether? I'm also open to suggestion on the whole propane situation.

Any helps, tips, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Strasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 01:45 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
check the DC power supply to the unit. DC is required for the ignitor and for the control board to function properly. I spent $1200 replacing my refrigerator when the problem was a $4 DC circuit breaker.

Craig and Carol
1997 34' Excella 1000
1970 27' Overlander, International
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:25 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member
1988 29' Excella
Browns Mills , New Jersey
we are going through this refrigerator drama right now..almost all packed and ready to go on a long road trip, We put the gas on to cool and check the refrigerator..checked out! switched to electric to check that out...but when I came back ( the next day!!) it was warm! so, I tried to go back to it wont do either. Ok, its 25 years old, so I go ahead and make an appointment with Colonial Airstream to first check it, but really planning on replacing the old unit..its been good to us, but I need to know my food is going to be safe...before we hook up to drop it off, where would I locate the DC circut breaker? I see this...the AC circut breaker. The book says its under the refrigerator, but I cant find it..any advice?
Sandi & Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:30 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member
1988 29' Excella
Browns Mills , New Jersey
this is in the bedroom...
Sandi & Bob is offline   Reply With Quote