Old 06-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #15
Site Team
1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post
hi brian welcome.

my suggestion is start ONE thread on this, with all/most of your questions and needs and solutions.

this will evolve into a LONG thread and u will have MANY folks subscribed and following it and your adventure.

give it a funky attention grabbing title like...

"how to live in a driveway without pissing everyone off or going to jail"
The bolded section I put in the line above of the "funky attention grabbing title" was, in my view, a suggestion of what you will achieve if you insist on doing ten or twenty new threads a day.

Originally Posted by BrianD. View Post
however, that's what 'copy and paste' is for. lol
copy/paste doesn't relieve the reader of having to go through the same story again and again. it has already hit the wall for me. no lol.

Many people read the forums by following their "subscribed threads". One subscribes to a thread by replying to it. Then, it seems lots of readers hit the "New Posts" button, to see... well, what is new.

This means you DO NOT need to post the question in the individual sub-forums, all the experienced readers will see what you write.

I hope this helps you to understand the forum's workings a bit better.

ps: It seems that you are counting on "hiding out" at your friend's vacant house, knowing that what you are doing contravenes local ordinances.

Two points:

1) don't talk about it to anyone, it can be surprising how people can let it slip to those who might like to make trouble for you by reporting your lifestyle.

2) make sure that someone knows to check in with you regularly, in case the same seclusion stimulates someone to come and rob or harm you intentionally. Be safe!

3) OK, well three: don't pollute with your soapy greasy grey water. I thought you said the guy that owns the vacant house is your friend!?

If it's to be, it's up to me.
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote

appliances, argosy, defrosting, fridge, refrigerator