Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Refrigerators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-18-2005, 10:14 PM   #1

Cant get frige out of 65 Tradewind.

Im having a tough time trying to get my refrigerator out. I have a 65 Tradewind. I removed 4 bolts from the bottom and two screws from the sides(c-top),thinking that would allow it to slide out. If anybody out there could lend a hand I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks, Doug
lrichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:27 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Branford , Connecticut
been there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrichards
Im having a tough time trying to get my refrigerator out. I have a 65 Tradewind. I removed 4 bolts from the bottom and two screws from the sides(c-top),thinking that would allow it to slide out. If anybody out there could lend a hand I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks, Doug
Hi Doug, If your set up is anything like the one in my Safari, it won't just slide out. I had to detatch mine from the gaucho on one side and the wall on the other. It also was lashed into the surrounding cabinet by aluminum flashing and rivets. One you start removing whatever surrounds it it will become apparent what continues to hold it in. It's easier to start from the front of the trailer and work back. Good luck! Diane
moogie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:13 AM   #3
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Dido

Unfortunately, the reefers in earlier AS's were attached witha piece of Aluminum metal that is concealed behind the interior side wall on either side.

You may have to remove some interior components to include but not limited to credenza, interior wall, closet, to get to the screws.

I have had much better luck with Units since 1979, all screws were accessible from the front and rear (access panel)

Did I mention of the five AS's I have had, I had to replace or repair four of them? Seems that Fridge replacement is SOP.
smily is offline   Reply With Quote