Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Refrigerators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-30-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Bend , Oregon
Bad Igniter?

Hello,

It seems that the igniter on our refrigerator has quit working. I can light the LP by hand. It will remain lit until the refrigerator cools. Then the gas automatically turns off like it should. I have to repeat the cycle each time.

Does anyone have thoughts on this? I called the dealer's maintenance department and left a message. I'm assuming it's the igniter. I've check for loose electrical connections and shorts. The wiring is all in good order.

Thanks,
David
Sparkygus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
Desert Fox

1985 31' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
Smile Hi,

Check for dirt and the gap on the igniter. Does it even try to fire? You can here it arking when it fires.
Russell in warm and sunny Tucson Az.
RUSSELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:09 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Bend , Oregon
Hi Russell,

We're heading to Tuscon with the airstream in two weeks for a wedding...

No, it doesn't try to fire. I've had my wife run the controls on the refrigerator while I watch.

The first thing I did was check the gap per the manual that came with the unit. Everthing is clean as well. I've traced all wiring back to their terminals. The connections are all tight, and none of the wires are chaffing. If it's not the igniter, I wonder if it's the control module? I want to try a new igniter first.

Thanks,
David
Old 05-01-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
Desert Fox

1985 31' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
Smile Hi

Tucson is a bad place to come for a wedding. I came here three yeras ago and bought a house. We left California for good. Where are you planing to stay with your trailer. There is a great campground on Kenney Ave. not far far from Old Tucson studio and the Desert museum. The name of the place is Western Way.
Regards From Russell from Tucson Az.
P.S. We live about a mile from it.
RUSSELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Bend , Oregon
Hi Russell,

What part of CA were you living in before Tucson?

Here's where we have made a reservation. Do you know anything about it? We're open to suggestions as we can still cancel our reservation here.

Adventure Bound Camping Resorts - Tucson AZ
10195 South Houghton Road,
Tucson, Arizona

The wedding is on the east side of town at

Saguaro Buttes Community Church
5825 S Old Spanish Trail
Tucson

We picked the campground purely for its proximity to the wedding location and because we're under 55 years old and they'll let us in.

Like I said, we're open to suggestions. Who knows, we may run into you!

Thanks,
David
Old 05-02-2008, 04:33 PM   #6
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkygus
Hello,

It seems that the igniter on our refrigerator has quit working. I can light the LP by hand. It will remain lit until the refrigerator cools. Then the gas automatically turns off like it should. I have to repeat the cycle each time.

Does anyone have thoughts on this? I called the dealer's maintenance department and left a message. I'm assuming it's the igniter. I've check for loose electrical connections and shorts. The wiring is all in good order.

Thanks,
David
David,

What is the model of your Dometic refer? From your description, it sounds like the lower control board. Are you getting any 'clicking' sound when you put it to LP and try to operate it, or is it just silent?

There is also the possibility that it is just the 5 amp DC fuse. Remove the black cover for the control board and you should see 2 fuses: The glass type on the lower left is for the AC operation and the ATO type automotive fuse in the center is for the DC/LP operation. It might be as simple as the fuse.

If not, you should have it checked by any authorized Dometic service center.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Bend , Oregon
Hi,

I was offline for a few days...

Thanks for the advice. The unit is model number RM2662, and product # 921 14 41-34.

I don't hear any clicking, but I do hear the gas running. I'll check the fuse.