Just read Ford's report.
As an aside, the hydrogen (or helium) has NO BEARING on the possibility of a fire caused by a refrigerant leak, as neither gas is found at the lower levels of the heating section at any time. The fire hazard is from the AMMONIA!!!!
I was involved in a Norcold refrigerator fire several years ago. Having placed the Norcold recall kit on this particular fridge which was designed to mitigate a fire while on LP (as I had done over 200 times on other units), the owners insurance company threatened to sue me for improper installation of the recall kit, as a fire in the fridge severely damaged the coach. The unit was, however, operating on 120VAC electric heating elements at the time of the fire.
After $8000 in legal fees and much time expended, I was eventually cleared at a quasi-judicial inquest by several paid fire inspectors (and my attorney). Turns out that the recall kit will do NOTHING to mitigate a fire hazard while the fridge is running on 120VAC, as I tried in vain to explain to the insurance company.
The rep from Norcold explained to me after the inquest (and off the record) that in a super heated situation (which happens in a blockage or one where the flow of ammonia is disrupted), the ammonia becomes a flammable plasma and is ejected from the cooling unit under high pressure thru a very small crack in a weld or pinhole in the tubing.
This pressurized, very hot ammonia is what becomes a torch and fuels the fires that have become more frequent in RVs. And you wonder why I'm not a fan of gas/absorption refrigeration????