Old 05-14-2005, 01:47 PM   #29
Rivet Master
Originally Posted by thenewkid64
This thread was gone for a while. I have taken out the posts that were contentious. See just because it is gone, does not mean it is lost forever all the time

If it starts going back down the same road, offending members will be placed in a moderated status. This means that until an administrator or moderator checks your post it will not show up on the forum.
I promise to be on my best behavior!
I am glad that you resurrected the thread. I just reread what you edited. It is all good stuff. Lots of information and experience exchange.

Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:46 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Klein Denkte , Germany
Guinness is good for you...

Originally Posted by pattersontoo
I have found that the best price for Guinness is when someone else is paying for the rounds!
How did you guess what my favorite beer is anyway!
I had the best Guinness of my life right in the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin, if you by the entry card you´ll get a pint for free...

Guinness rised my weight from 154 lbs to 187 lbs in three month, while I was studying in Ireland... (Which was good at that time... It never gone down after that times! Which is bad today...)

Best Beer on this planet.

What about meeting in Dublin one day for pint or two?

Björn H. Adam
Wolfenbuettel, Germany

AirstreamForumsMember No. AIR 5535

Proud Owner of a 1971 Ambassador 29' called "Dave"

-A stranger is a friend you just haven´t met before!-
unknown irish

Pschoerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:26 AM   #31
Rivet Master
I just called Palomino to get a price on the replacemtn fridge for the 73 Argy 20!
I decided that sonce I have more room to wiggle in it then I did in the Minuet that I am gonna go wth the Dometic RM2410.
I am getting it shipped to me for $483!
I found out that they also have EVERYTHING for an RV. Right down to the Magic Chef stoves. To let you know I found a place that has the stoves CHEAP! I will post more on this later!
Old 05-16-2005, 10:22 AM   #32
2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Just for reference about the A/C units, I have found that 13.5k is great for 19' maybe 22'. Not sure if the standard 10k units are good enough for the 16' or not.

First hand though I will tell you that the 10k A/C units didn't do a good job in our 19' Bambi when we had it. We decided against may opinons to go with the 15k unit with heat pump when we went to our 25' Safari. Best thing I could have done. If you are looking for a good A/C for a 25' or larger, I can tell you first hand the 15k is the way to go!

Folks I knew that had 25' units or larger with the 13.5k units found them somewhat lacking for more than one reason or another.....
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:27 AM   #33
Rivet Master
I agree with Eric. You get above the 22 foot range and the 13.5k is too small.
I went with the 13.5k because it will work for my itty-bitty Minuet.
You get much larger on the trailer and you should consider the 15k unit.
Family RV Center has those for a really good price too. Their number is in Post #2 of this thread.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:26 PM   #34
Rivet Master
Has anyone tried Bontrager Surplus in White Pigeon, MI.?
I got my Magic Chef range from them that had a nick in the front. You cannot even see the nick unless you are three inches from it!
It cost me a grand total of $225 with the shipping.
They are great people to deal with. Amy Bontrager will hunt anything down for you.