Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Refrigerators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-20-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
73 overlander refrigerator removal plan?

My refrigerator does not work at all. I have it being evaluated at an RV shop. If it is shot I plan on having it fixed in the future. I have read everything in this forum about removing the refrigerator. I have read that you have to take a partition down to get to screws and brackets. I have read where you can go underneath the trailer and get to screws that hold the refrigerator down. I have seen Pizza Chops pictures. My question is can the original refrigerator in a 73 Overlander be removed with out taking walls apart? This is a job I plan on doing in the future. I just want to have my game plan together. I don't have a manual and I want to know how the manufacturer would do it.

SIU Bound

Brian
Lothlorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Brian,

I happen to have a 1974 Service Manual that I have used often on my 1970. The attached shows how to remove it I think. I hope this helps.

1974 Refer removal.pdf
vhord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
VHord:

Thank you very much!!!! That could not have been explained any better. Now I know what I have to do. I was planning on removing the credenza this fall anyway. I am just hoping we can get it up and running for a vacation in a few weeks. Coolers just might have to do on our first airstream vacation.

Brian
Lothlorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #4
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
That looks pretty much like how we did it. Remember, we removed the entire interior at the same time and it was three years ago. I seem to remember that there were a couple of srews soemplace that were hard to find. Along the floor maybe? I just recall once we had all the fasteners out, the fridge wouldn't budge. Maybe we had to remove the shelf above the fridge. Dang, I just can't recall all of the details at the moment. If you get stuck, post a few pics and we'll coach you along.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote