Old 07-11-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1964 26' Overlander
Kearney , Missouri
1964 Overlander Refridgerator

I have been looking for the electric thermostat for the fridge. I do not have keys for some of the access doors yet. Where exactly is this located?

64Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member
1964 26' Overlander
Kearney , Missouri
Refridgerator not working

I think I found the electric thermostat, it appears to be at the bottom right corner. I have verified that I have power to the outlet but the fridge does not come on even with the toggle switch in front on the "on" position. The propane system is currently not hooked up and running. I saw a few matches in the compartment where the pilot is, there appears to be some corrision. I have no idea how long it has been since this thing was last used as the former owner did not give an indication. Are there any likely trouble spots to start with first? Also, if you have to pull it out from underneath the cabinet there appears to be four bolts with nuts holding the base down, are there any additional locations that the fridge is secured? How exactly do you remove these bolts underneath the subfloor to let the fridge slide out? I measured the rough opening to be 22" x 41", is this correct? I would rather not replace this but try and repair and continue to use if possible. I don't even know if the new models would fit this rough opening.

64Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Yakima Valley , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
Sorry I can't be too much help on the refer itself but your outside compartment you an probably get the number off the lock cylinder and get a key already made from your local RV store,they are all pretty common (scary huh?!?). That would get you the necessary access from behind to disconnect the gas line etc As far as the unit, it might be worth having rebuilt, but probably worth replacing too.
Scott & Megan
WBCCI #8671 Oregon Unit

Tappan range oven (for spare parts)
baby moons for stock rims with clips
twist drawer knobs and their face frame screw in hook

Marvel Refrigerator

goransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:33 PM   #4
Rivet Master
1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Test to see if it has voltage to the plug first...then

There is an RV refrigeration repair company out of Shippswanee, Indiana that repairs older units. They also sell refurbished units if yours turns out to be DOA. I will look to see if I can find one of their ads and post it here for you so you may call them. I bet they are not the only place to have a refer repaired. Happy Trails, Ed
1967 Safari Twin "Landshark" w/International trim package
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat!
When I looked at the tire... I noticed your CAT!"
Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote

1964, 1964 overlander