Old 08-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
1959 22' Caravanner
Naples , Florida
1959 Dometic Refrigerator worth anything?

I'm new to the forum and new to Airstreams. I purchased a 1959 Caravanner with the original interior but in horrible shape. I'm dismantling the interior and would like to get rid of the fridge. Is the old Dometic gas fridge worth anything to anybody? I do not see a market for them online, in fact I dont see any for sale. I hate to just throw it out if it's useful to someone.

Ichthys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
I had the original fridge for my 66 Tradewind and I could not get it to run on gas. Electric operation was fine. The plastic was a little torn up and I found a good deal on an 84 model fridge. I gave the 66 fridge to a local shop that refurbishes vintage Airstreams. I figured they might have a use for it either whole or for parts. I could not sleep at night if I just threw it out. I sleep fine now.

TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote