Old 12-29-2014, 02:21 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1977 23' Safari
Carberry , Manitoba
Aldean, your sketch is exactly the way mine is although the sump in my bw tank is relatively larger than the way you drew it. I think my toilet must have been replaced at some time, I have no sprayer but I do recall there was a little metal clip on the cabinet, sink side of the toilet. I am going to rebuild mine the way you did, with a plywood support in front and back holding up the 5/8" top so that it doesn't have to rest on the tank itself. I am also thinking of doing away with the street service pressure regulator and pressure relief valve, just need to do a bit more research to be sure it is not needed.

cp1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:42 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

1977 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AldeanFan View Post
The spacer under the tank makes the bottom of the tank slope toward the drain which is approximately in the center of the tank.

Here's a bad picture I made, the curve is exaggerated

Oh dang! I wish i had seen this about 3 hours ago.
Just goes to show you how i was thinking different then what you were saying. When u were first talkin about the spacer under the bk water tank i was thinking the slope was from the left or flange end going to the right sloping down to the sump end as Lorry has said...now that i see ur drawing the slope is from the right and left ends going toward the sump! I spent 3 bours making a ramp from left to right the full length of the tank. This aint gonna work...back to the drawing board. Thanks for the drawing!

freon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 03:38 AM   #23
Airhead Team Member

1978 23' Safari
North Padre Island , Texas
Lol!
KeyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:45 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

1977 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
AldeanFan,

How have you been doing!!?? I bet you and the family have been out Air Streaming a lot! Just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing and if you still have your 77 LY. After I started working on mine, my
situation changed drastically and I had to leave off my project. I am using my AS now on the farm to camp out in even though it is completely dismantled inside still. I do plan to complete the project of refurbishing it but will now have to use modern / custom work because most of the walls and wood work was in such poor shape from storage I just had to throw it away. Have you posted pics of your completed work? I will check elsewhere on this forum. Merry Christmas!

Freon
Old 12-14-2016, 06:15 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1977 23' Safari
Niagara on the Lake , Ontario
'77 Safari Bathroom and Rearend Repairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by freon View Post
AldeanFan,

How have you been doing!!?? I bet you and the family have been out Air Streaming a lot! Just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing and if you still have your 77 LY. After I started working on mine, my
situation changed drastically and I had to leave off my project. I am using my AS now on the farm to camp out in even though it is completely dismantled inside still. I do plan to complete the project of refurbishing it but will now have to use modern / custom work because most of the walls and wood work was in such poor shape from storage I just had to throw it away. Have you posted pics of your completed work? I will check elsewhere on this forum. Merry Christmas!

Freon

Glad to hear you're using your airstream even if your renovations stalled. Hopefully you can get back to it.

We've got lots of use out of the Safari this year. The summer included a week in Pennsylvania with a stop at Pennwood for the 4th of July rally, and another nascar race at Watkins glen, plus several weekend trips.
On Tuesday we returned home from our biggest trip, 4,100km and 14 days, spent a week in Disney, 2 days in Savannah and 6 days travelling.

The airstream got s new water heater, and converter this year and I built a spare tire carrier and sewer hose compartments this summer, and spent a week polishing. If I spend a week polishing each spring eventually I'll have the whole thing shiny!

Happy holidays and happy New Years !
AldeanFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:37 AM   #26
1 Rivet Member

1977 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Thank you for the holiday wishes! I am so jealous of you! All that family fun time in your LY! Some time soon post some pics of the work you did on the water heater, converter, and hose compartment. I have been slowly doing some work but mostly just keeping it from going bad. fixing leaks, installing a new tstat, repairing the drain line on the a/c. Once I came to the farm and found a snake skin in the rv! some how it got in through the wheel well and the plastic shield. I had taken it loose to do some floor work and have not sealed and screwed it in. I know the snake went in because it was chasing some field mice that also got in. Later I found another snake skin right outside the door, it was a rattle snake skin.
Well Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and your family!

freon
Old 01-09-2017, 03:55 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1977 23' Safari
Niagara on the Lake , Ontario
Finally tallied up our 2016 travels, 30 nights and 6,350. Pretty good for working full time!
This brings our total since we bought the trailer in 2011 to 113 nights and 23,950km.
No major renovations planned for 2017 just polishing and travelling!
AldeanFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:01 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy 20
Olive Branch , Mississippi
Why does this 77 look absolutely nothing like my 77

Argo20 is offline   Reply With Quote