Old 01-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
roseburg , Oregon
1978 23' Safari International info needed

Hi, I am new to the site. I have been interested in older Airstreams for a while though. I have a gentlman that wants to trade a '79 Safari international for my motorcycle. It is in good condition, all original appliances work good, skin and outside is in great shape, inside is in good shape. No leaks or soft spots etc...all original. What should I look for? My bike is worth around 9k. Would it be a even trade if I want to keep it, or what would it be worth to sell? Any advice is appreciated!

ktmmike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmike1 View Post
Hi, I am new to the site. I have been interested in older Airstreams for a while though. I have a gentlman that wants to trade a '79 Safari international for my motorcycle. It is in good condition, all original appliances work good, skin and outside is in great shape, inside is in good shape. No leaks or soft spots etc...all original. What should I look for? My bike is worth around 9k. Would it be a even trade if I want to keep it, or what would it be worth to sell? Any advice is appreciated!
A great expense would be if the trailer has axles that need replacing.

The following will help you check them out yourself.

The Dura-Torque Axle

Andy

Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #3

Currently Looking...
roseburg , Oregon
Thank you for the info! I am not sure if he has had them replaced or not, but I will be sure to check.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
1970 23' Safari
1956 16' Bubble
Jamul , California
Worth considering!

Mike,
I sold my FJR 1300 and bought my current project, a 1970 Safari 23'. No regrets. I'd suggest getting a "cash purchase" price for the Airstream, figure in some possible repair/upgrades to make it yours...do the math. In some cases, the hassle of sellling your bike might be worth it to you. A deal is what works for both parties...
As the the AS 23', great start! Good size, and parts for these are pretty easy to find. Describe what works and some pics on this thread would help you get some price ideas.
Please take note of Andy's post and take a look at and examine the axles. I replaced mine, little work, major coin...( I did my single axle, you have two?)
Hey, welcome to the forum, and go camping!
Bob U-
The " TinDen "
2007 25' International FB
1970 Safari 23' Land Yacht
1956 Bubble 16' California Whale Tail
Charter Member 4 Corners Unit
(View all of elfirebob's images)
elfirebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #5

Currently Looking...
roseburg , Oregon
Thanks! I am not quite sure yet if I will keep it and remodel or keep it as is, or just sell. I am having a hard time getting interest in my motorcycle in the middle of winter : ) If the axles do need replacing, what would the trailer be worth? Everything else is in great working original condition.