Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2004, 01:16 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Joshua Tree , California
Re: Better late than not at all.

Quote:
Originally posted by jaco
[B]Hello Mr. (or is it Chief) Flying Cloud,

Did you notice the date on the post preceding yours? ....
This ressurrected thread is just the place for me though:

We are taking possesion of a '71 Safari in April. The owner says that it has a service manual, but no owner's manual.
However, the quote in overlander64's post said:
"A service manual with instructions for performing service operations did not exist until 1972."

So my questions are: if this is a fact, would the manual in question actually be the owner's manual, not a service manual? And if so, would a service manual for a '72 model do us any good? The trailers look very much alike in their appointments.
mtpalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:03 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thumbs up IMHO

Based upon the wealth of information/knowledge found. I would say, "go for it". After all, look at it this way, it's better than nothing..You'll find that, most of the manuals are very much generic in that, they tend to cover all of the different sizes, etc.
I'm referring to the maint manual.

and now to:
jaco,
roflmao, no...I didn't look at the date..
My father-in-law calls me Chief Red Cloud, because I burn like heck in the summer..lol
ciao
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:40 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Joshua Tree , California
Re: Re: Better late than not at all.

Quote:
Originally posted by mtpalms

This ressurrected thread is just the place for me though:

We are taking possesion of a '71 Safari in April. The owner says that it has a service manual, but no owner's manual.
However, the quote in overlander64's post said:
"A service manual with instructions for performing service operations did not exist until 1972."

So my questions are: if this is a fact, would the manual in question actually be the owner's manual, not a service manual? And if so, would a service manual for a '72 model do us any good? The trailers look very much alike in their appointments.
Forgive me, I'm a newb here, is it okay to cross post my manuals question in the '71 Safari forum, or post a new thread in the General Repair Forum? I'll wait a day or two first to see if this one sinks out of sight, but it's nice to know what folks hereabouts prefer. I just found this thread on a 'manuals' search.
I'd like to have a manual ready when we get the trailer, but now I am thinking maybe we should wait until we see which manual comes with it. If it isn't a service manual, then I'll order a '72 book. If it is, I'll have a mystery on my hands.

Thanks 53FlyingCloud.
mtpalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 04:20 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Welcome to the forum`!

mtpalms

First, let me welcome you~!

I do believe that, if you were to post the comments to the thread for 71 Safari, you'd stand a better chance of getting someone attention who has the same yr/model as you. Just my thoughts.
Most folks on here will try to help someone with a question.
To move it..
It's easy to redirect it to the proper location. Cut and paste it there as a new reply or ask one of the moderators for this thread to do it for you.

(maybe they'll move my replies along with your...lol)

ciao
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:25 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Mequon , Wisconsin
The sevice manual will show you the parts and how to take things apart ( the correct order of repair) The part numbers are not in use anymore.
The owners manual is available for 1971 and is moderately interesting but not really needed.
steve
frydmans is offline   Reply With Quote