Old 08-08-2016, 01:42 PM   #1
2016 22' Sport
Costa Mesa , California
Yosemite Wawona - First Post

Hey Guys

Excited to join the forum and more excited to get our AS. We just purchased a 22 ft Bambi Sport about a month ago. We are working on trip number 3. We started with two nights at Silver Strand in Coronado Island down in SD and Jalama Beach up in central coast in CA.

On to the post...

We are making our next trip to Yosemite. We just got lucky and scored a site in Wawona (site 57) for Labor Day week. The site says 24 foot with 15 trailer max. Based on sat pics and previous threads it seems like this will fit our AS, but likely need to put the TV in overflow if it will not fit next to the AS. This is in Loop C.

Does anyone have any recommendations or comments regarding Wawona or any cautionary advice regarding our site?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to joining the community!

Cones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:40 PM   #2

2012 20' Flying Cloud
La Habra , California
Keep searching everyday for cancellations in the valley. They often come up. Also look at the Crane Flat area campgrounds they are about 15 miles from the valley.

subfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:27 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member
1999 30' Excella 1000
Brookeville , Maryland
Welcome to the forums Cones. Wawona is the only place in Yosemite that has a golf course, if you're into that. There's another thread on things to do in Yosemite that's worth reading. I stayed at the Wawona hotel 35 years ago, so not familiar with the camp ground. Enjoy your stay at the place I call...heaven on earth.
streaminwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:42 AM   #4
2016 22' Sport
Costa Mesa , California
Thanks for the feedback. We were able to score a pull through 35 foot site at Crane Flats, so we will research the other thread and finalize which one we will keep. Seems like a lot of first timers or folks that are going to the Valley tend to favor Crane. Good info on golf. I love golf! Not sure that I'll bring the sticks this time around, but may check out the details of the course before I completely eliminate that as an option. Thanks again!
Cones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:13 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member
2006 23' Safari SE
Nevada City , California
If you end up in wawona and want to take a nice hike Chilnualna falls is beautiful at the top with nice pools to cool off in

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
WaLee is offline   Reply With Quote