Old 07-18-2014, 12:22 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Seguin , Texas
Yosemite Adventure (and a mishap)

Wifey and I continued our road adventure and visited Yosemite. On the road up to Glacier Point, the driver side mirror on our TV was taken off buy a Minnie Winnie motorhome. The driver must have thought he was a formula one driver. He was heading down from Glacier Point way too fast for the curves he was trying to take. We met in a curve and he was way over the yellow line and his mirror took ours off. Did he stop? Nope just barreled on down hill. Reported it to Park Ranger at Glacier Point and he said that it happens all the time. He said that on the one's that do stop they usually say something like "well the road was so skinny so I was hugging the yellow line". He then points out how far their mirror sticks out into the oncoming lane when you're "hugging the yellow line".

That was early in the AM and we put it behind us and had a wonderful time. Absolutely stunning views but too many folks to sit in silence and let it all soak in. Realize that we were there during the busiest season but it was the time that we had to work with. One other thing we noticed. We heard more visitors speaking foreign languages than English. Lots and lots of French and German. It was easily 2:1 ratio. I don't have a problem with that but it made me wonder.....

What a glorious place! We will return West when we can spend more time.....

Old 07-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
Yosemite is on a lot of bucket lists around the world. Same category as machu picchu, Rome, Versailles, Grand Canyon, Status of Liberty, etc.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We were at Yosemite this spring and Grand Canyon this past winter. It looked like most of the motorhomes (Minnie Winnie variety) were rentals. Met some nice folks from Europe and Asia, glad they could enjoy it as we did.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1997 25' Excella
Gardena , California
I went to Yosemite the first week of June. It was still easy enough to find parking but it was getting crowded. We stayed in an RV park in Oakhurst for 4 nights and every night we had different neighbors in their Cruise America rentals. I spoke to a couple people from Germany and the common route is to fly into San Francisco, visit Yosemite, go to LA and Vegas. If they have the time they continue east. One couple was calmly reading their newspapers when we got back to camp. This made me laugh because I knew their quiet vacation was ending since we were a group of 3 adults, 1 teen, 1 10 year old, and 1 dog. I think we scared them when we started up our 'gypsy band' around the campfire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yosemite Gypsy band.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	216644  
Old 07-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1997 25' Excella
Gardena , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by trvlbuttrfly View Post
I went to Yosemite the first week of June. It was still easy enough to find parking but it was getting crowded. We stayed in an RV park in Oakhurst for 4 nights and every night we had different neighbors in their Cruise America rentals. I spoke to a couple people from Germany and the common route is to fly into San Francisco, visit Yosemite, go to LA and Vegas. If they have the time they continue east. One couple was calmly reading their newspapers when we got back to camp. This made me laugh because I knew their quiet vacation was ending since we were a group of 3 adults, 1 teen, 1 10 year old, and 1 dog. I think we scared them when we started up our 'gypsy band' around the campfire.

I just realized I left out an adult. There were six of us and the dog. The dog was probably the quietest of us all. LOL
Old 07-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Funny.....none of ya'll look like adults in that pic. Good for you! Adults are highly overrated.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote