Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2004, 05:20 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Yellowstone's Edge RV Park - Montana

This past summer, my wife and I spent 6 weeks at this RV park, which is about 30 miles north of Yellowstone National Park, and 20 miles south of Livingston, MT. It lies right on the banks of the Yellowstone River, and we really enjoyed staying there.

I thought you might like to see this picture which is actually a post card of the RV park that my wife bought in their general store. (That's not our Airstream)

John
Old 11-05-2004, 05:45 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2001 30' Excella
Bedford , New Hampshire
John,

The big question is, did you get some fly fishing in? That is truly great country, we spent some time there last summer also. We did a circle tour that included yellowstone NP. We were able to stay in the park in Grants Village. I spent a day on the Madison during the Salmon fly hatch and really had a great time. I wish the rainbows in the East were even half the size of some of the ones I cought that day.

I can't wait to return and dip my line in the waters around yellowstone.

Mark
Old 11-05-2004, 07:26 AM   #3
DEO
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
West of Boston , Massachusetts
Looks like a beautiful place to go ... Thanks for the good tip !
DEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 08:31 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjoandall
John,

The big question is, did you get some fly fishing in? That is truly great country, we spent some time there last summer also. We did a circle tour that included yellowstone NP. We were able to stay in the park in Grants Village. I spent a day on the Madison during the Salmon fly hatch and really had a great time. I wish the rainbows in the East were even half the size of some of the ones I cought that day.

I can't wait to return and dip my line in the waters around yellowstone.

Mark
I guess you could say I got a little bit of fishing in - anywhere from 4-8 hours most every day for over 3 months straight. There are quite a few 18-20", and larger, fish right in front of this campground, and plenty of other good fishing close by, as you probably know.

Grants Village is my favorite campground in YNP. You must have been there relatively early in the season to have hit the Salmon flies on the Madison. There can also be some fantastic fishing to this hatch on the Yellowstone River in the park if you don't mind a short walk (say 10 miles or so) to find some solitude! I fished another place and river this summer where a little walking produced Rainbows as long as your arm, and as thick as my waistline (and that's saying something!).

John