Old 01-03-2007, 09:36 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
Placitas , New Mexico
Yellowstone/Grand Teton area

We stayed at a very nice place across the mountain from Jackson, WY in Victor, Idaho....the Teton Valley Campground......dropped the trailer there and took the pickup through GT and into Yellowstone then came back and spent the night and pulled the trailer back up to Old Faithful and some of the other geysers the next day. Full hookups, nice showers, wireless internet, and diesel was considerably cheaper there in Victor than in Jackson or West Yellowstone. They charged around 30 bucks a night in September.

JakBluMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:55 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Thumbs down Fishing Bridge

I could not wait to get out of Fishing Bridge. I was so jammed in I could hardly open the trailer door. Literally the door was jammed up against cedar tree and could only be opened about half way with no other way to park it. Was a real pain to back into also. Spent hours at the laundry waiting for a machine. The water pressure was so high I could not hook up my hose. Then switched to Madison for 5 days and loved it. Excellent campfire programs and the best coyote chorus I have ever heard. In national parks I just use a 5 gallon buket for grey water. Personally I have a hard time swallowing a little grey water on the ground is hurting anything. If you have dogs, the parkies are super strict about them being leashed at all times and never on the trails. This I can understand in a National Park although I will let my dogs run whenever I can (outside of National Parks). But then I again I am a fervent supporter of the right to arm bears.

Lumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:02 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member
2007 25' International CCD FB
1970 23' Safari
1956 16' Bubble
Jamul , California
If you can run with a portible grey tank and small generator, your options will greatly multiply.
We've stayed at both Bridge Bay in Yellowstone and Coulter Bay in Grand Teton, great locations, central to all.
Both of these campgrounds have easy acces to dump stations.
The quiet we enjoyed in 05 was the norm as this year 06 we again had a great camping experiance. Campfires and critter sounds made these are easy go to spots as they are close to paddling places. (sunsets at the Tetons)

Have a great trip, see ya'll
Bob and Nanc~
Stream Safe,
Bob U-
San Diego, CA.
The " TinDen "
2007 25' International FB
1970 Safari 23' Land Yacht
1956 Bubble 16' California Whale Tail
Charter Member 4 Corners Unit
(View all of elfirebob's images)
elfirebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:07 AM   #18
1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
We've stayed at Coulter Bay. They have two campground more or less side by side. One is full service @ $48 per night, the other is pretty lacking in utilities of any kind. The full service sites are all pull through. Few trees were cut in building the sites so you'll really have to watch in a few places to avoid brushing by a limb. Sites are close together at Coulter Bay as well as at every other campground in the Yellowstone/Teton system that I've seen, but you spend so little time in your trailer and so much time out sightseeing that this was not a problem for us. Once I got past the price for what I was getting, Couler Bay was great. It is near the lake and is centrally located for both access to Yellowstone and to Grand Teton. If staying in one of the campgrounds inside either GT or Yellowstone, it is probably your best bet. GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:38 AM   #19
Rivet Master
2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
We have stayed twice at the KOA in Teton Villiage and once at the KOA in W. Yellowstone. Both nice parks, I liked the W.Y. park better for room and location. If being closer to Jackson is important, Teton Villiage was nice with helpful staff.
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:56 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
We stayed for a couple of nights at the first campsite in the park as you are heading north into the park from Jackson. (Don't remember the name) It was not the best kept up or purdiest but regularly had moose casually strolling through the campground, you could walk to the river, and had plenty of room.
Lumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:58 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Marietta , Georgia
Thanks for everyone's experience - helps a lot!!
The Slowsky's
2008 Airstream 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2014 Ford F250 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley Hitch
WBCCI #1271
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #22
Rivet Master
1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Here is a cool link for Ole Failful

Old Faithful Geyser WebCam - Yellowstone National Park

That's how I get my fix way out here
'74 Overlander (T-O-Bee)
'46 Spartan Manor (Rosie)
'54 Cruiser (Bogart)
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:30 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member
2007 25' Classic
1993 21' Sovereign
Elm Grove , Wisconsin
Thumbs up Grand Teton recommendation

We absolutely love the Tetons! The campground that we would recommend is Coulter Bay. Been there two years in a row! Nicely wooded, full hook-up, pull-through sites with good access to the entire park. Much, much nicer than the full hook-up alternatives in Yellowstone. You could also use this location if you wanted to do a couple of daytrips to Yellowstone, but it is a bit of a drive. You will find that the Tetons are much less crowded than Yellowstone, and in our opinion some of the best mountain vistas in the country! Enjoy the trip!!

jhart657 is offline   Reply With Quote