Old 08-08-2008, 04:41 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Longview , Washington
Yellowstone gratitude

I just wanted to thank Drew from Arizona, who was gracious enough to allow me the use of his generator for several hours while I was camping across the street from him at Madison campground last week. I'm not sure if he even uses the forums, but I really appreciated his help.

Matt

Old 08-14-2008, 12:59 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1979 29' Ambassador
Las Vegas , New Mexico
Question need information

Hi, Matt, I just read your note and did not know how to start an inquiry about Yellowstone camping and general information you might provide. I plan a trip from Las Vegas, NM thru Steamboat Springs, CO., up to Grand Teton Nat Park and on to Yellowstone. Since you have camped there, please tell me where the best camping is and anything you might think I would find useful. This is my first long trip in my 79 Airstream.
I know next to nothing about this Forum so if I am in the wrong place to ask a question lplease forgive the intrusion. Thanks in advance, Ted

Old 08-14-2008, 01:10 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1979 29' Ambassador
Las Vegas , New Mexico
Grand Teton and Yellowstone

Hi, fellow Streamers, I plan to go to Grand Teton and Yellowstone on Aug 25th and would like to get information on where the best place to park and anything else you think I shousd know. This is my first long trip and am really looking forward to going. We are traveling with two dogs so we will need a dog friendly spot ot stay. Thank you, Ted
PS, I do not know how I got to this lpage so I may not find your responses unless someone Emails me this Forum's address and how to navagate to this page I would apreciate it.
duendeted@msn.com
Old 08-14-2008, 01:30 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1979 29' Ambassador
Las Vegas , New Mexico
Hi, sgain, I just found a lot of good information on Yellowstone so we dont have to be redundant. Thank you. I would like to see phone numbers, addresses etc when someone says something like Spring Creek CAmp ground is good. That would help a newbie like me alot. Thanks again. Ted
Old 08-15-2008, 12:34 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Longview , Washington
Yellowstone

Unfortunately, I may not be able to provide a lot of information. If you check online, most of the RV accessible campgrounds seem to be run by Xanterra. I did not make the reservations myself. We stayed at Madison Campground on the west side of Yellowstone. We had a pull through site, which was plenty big for my old 22 footer, and there were several Fifth Wheels there, but the spaces were pretty tight for those. There are no hookups at Madison. Generators were allowed from 8a-8p. The campground was full every day, but never seemed to be too crowded, and it was very quiet at night. Fishing Bridge seems to be the site for larger RVs, but I'm not sure if they have hookups. I believe that it is also run by Xanterra.