Old 08-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
Jack Dog in So Cal
2013 16' Sport
Orange , California
Wrap Protectors

After reading some of the threads in the forums I'm heading back to the dealer were I picked up my new 2013 Bambi 16' Sport last week to have them retro fit it with the factory wrap protectors.

I'd rather spend the $900 now for the pair instead of the $1,600 a piece to replace damaged corner sections on my new AS. I'd like to keep it looking as nice as possible at least until I pay it off!

I was surprised to learn they weigh only 15.5 pounds a piece so it won't add alot of extra weight to my "lite" AS.

Currently it has the factory film covers over the aluminum at the corners. Do the panels really damage that easily? I'm also going to install a mudflap panel accross the back underside of my Jeep to cut down on the road debris that a TV kicks up.

Jack Dog
in So Cal

JackDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Shiny Drag-on
Currently Looking...
Drag-on , California
If you decide to get the wrap protectors can you post a photo so I can see what they are, Thanks

Shiny Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Are you talking about the rock guards? I highly recommend them if so. Just the other day a piece of debris bent the guard, but the trailer behind it is fine, saving quite a bit of expense and hassle.
1995 Airstream Classic 30' Excella 1000
2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab with Cummins 6.7L Diesel

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
I posted on this one earlier this evening but don't know where it went. In some black hole somewhere I guess.

Anyway , here goes again. the wrap protectors are a good thing, money well spent. The roads are so full of junk. A while back I could not avoid a large "gator " lying across my lane of the interstate. 65 mph, traffic, no chance to dodge it. Front and rear tires of the TV ran over it. Sounded like I had run over a small car. When I got home found the curb side wrap protector caved in and when I swung it open to knock the dent out discovered the front curved panel caved also.

Used a suction cup to pull the out the panel, and rubber mallet and my hand to knock the dent out of the WP. Both ended up looking pretty good.

Had I not had the WP that gator might have ended up in my living room.

The WP are the stainless steel curved covers on the front corners of the trailer. They stand off the trailer an inch or so on brackets and are hinged so you can swing them out to clean behind them or to knock out dents.

One would think that because they are SS they would be tougher but they are actually quite thin, ping and dent rather easily, but still do a good job and worth the $$. You could probably do the install yourself and save a few bucks.

Gator John
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote