Old 11-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #15
Prairie Schooner II

2012 30' International
1997 25' Safari
1967 20' Globetrotter
Burlington , Ontario
Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati. Avoid the hills in order to avoid snow. Although there is a nasty hill on the south side of Cincinnati but it's just coming out of the river valley. No need to go over to Toledo. That's where the worst pavement is, although it's pretty nasty around all of the big cities going south on this route. If you get a brake on the weather, Buffalo, Pittsburg, Charlotte, Columbia, to 95 and then onto I 10 is much smoother and then you avoid all the nasty stuff on the east coast. Bottom line, it's all a crap shoot (shot?) Jim

Old 11-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #16
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPineJandK View Post
East Bank is (or was) exactly where we were headed (first stop) but we have friends almost exactly across the lake, so we may skip East Bank and spend the campsite money at Big Jims Oyster Shack on Spring Creek ( Best Ribeye & oysters on the Planet) and only 5 miles from our friends place. Would love to get over Louisiana way - any suggestions??
Can't really offer suggestions until I have some idea what you're looking for; there are just so many possibilities!

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #17
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
We hit the Florida rally last year in Sarasota then spent a glorious week in Arcadia. Things went north on us from there. Couple of cold windy days at Cedar Key. Things began to improve from there a little. Ended up at New Orleans and pretty nice there. Headed homeward at the end of Mar. May do the rally thing this year. Not sure yet. Meeting up with friends first week of March in Arcadia then wander a bit. Need to be home by mid March though. Still a work in progress. Maybe we'll cross paths sometime. Have a good trip

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPineJandK View Post
So your saying go through Cleveland and pick up 75 in Toledo ? Triple A wants to send me down 71 through Columbus and Cincinnati !!! What are your thoughts on that route?
Yes, take I-71. I forgot about that "detour". Also take the I-271 bypass around Cleveland, OH.
Ricky

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #19
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Hey Big Pine. Two years ago we spent 4 days at Key West in Feb and it was beautiful. I guess you just never know. We were on the Navy base. Probably won't make it that far this year though. Maybe Everglades NP might be in the cards though. We'll see

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote