Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2016, 07:23 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' International
1964 17' Bambi II
Ogden , Utah
Winterizing

We have a 2016 22' Airstream Sport. We will be traveling Nov. 17th to 19th from Utah to Portland, OR over the Blue Mts. & traveling through Idaho. We plan on spending one night in Idaho at the Airstream dealership & one night between Nampa, ID & Portland. We are wondering if we need to fully winterize our trailer just for those two nights? Do we need to drain our fresh water tank & blow out the water lines & put anti-freeze in the pea traps & gray & black holding tanks? After we leave Portland we will be heading south, so no problems there. Thanks for your help!
mcaslaon4449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
If the night time temps drop below 28 or so. Keep your furnace running and you should be OK. If you expect to see temps below 20 then I would recommend winterizing.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:32 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Washington , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaslaon4449 View Post
We have a 2016 22' Airstream Sport. We will be traveling Nov. 17th to 19th from Utah to Portland, OR over the Blue Mts. & traveling through Idaho. We plan on spending one night in Idaho at the Airstream dealership & one night between Nampa, ID & Portland. We are wondering if we need to fully winterize our trailer just for those two nights? Do we need to drain our fresh water tank & blow out the water lines & put anti-freeze in the pea traps & gray & black holding tanks? After we leave Portland we will be heading south, so no problems there. Thanks for your help!

I've been watching the weather here in EUG as I have a temp mobility problem and can't get to my AS in storage to winterize for awhile. Forecasts seem clear thru November. I plugged in Pendleton and the lowest was 43 at the end of November. As usual monitor closely. You have a way to go to get below 20 where TG Twinkie's good advice may become applicable.

Bob
CruizinDux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:30 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Washington , Missouri
p.s. I've used a small 12V inflator to winterize as I don't have SP at storage. It takes a little longer but works fine. You might want to take one with you on the road in case the temps drop and you don't want to find a local RV shop.

Bob
CruizinDux is offline   Reply With Quote