Old 01-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Winter Clothing

I have not seen a thread on clothing for the winter time and was wondering what your favorite clothing was for hiking and biking in the colder weather. I prefer down and gore tex for outer layers and merino wool for the base layer, however I know there are a lot of different products out there.

urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1999 25' Safari
Denver , Colorado
Wink U.a.

You for sure want to start out with UNDER ARMOR as a base. It wicks the mosture away from your body so that you stay warmer.

Jim D.
AIR # 56543 TAC# CO-10
StreamRollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
Rivet Master
2008 19' Safari SE
Erie , Colorado
Icebreaker merino here - base layers, mid layers and top layers. I save a few dollars by buying mine from Sierra Outlet. Icebreaker was my favorite clothing all through the four years I traveled.
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Blog: 300 Miles or 3:00
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member
Grand Prairie , Texas
Thumbs up Winter Clothing

You may never win any fashion awards in this outfit, however, you will stay toasty warm out of doors in some of the harshest winter weather anywhere in the world!..

I was never one to hibernate when the weather went south during the winter solstice months up in MA, NH, VT, Me. and Canada. After enjoying a wonderful dinner one evening with friends, driving back to camp we stopped out in the middle of Rangeley Lake to watch the brilliant stars that were above us at the time, ( lets see, the ice was over four feet thick on the Lake that night, and calculating the wind chill factor, -68 degrees 'Ouch 'air. We were all warm and toasty while viewing the splendor of the stars!!!!

Let me add-a-line in a picture with friends up in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toasty Warm.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	148314  

My photo album;
TRfour is offline   Reply With Quote