Old 06-11-2019, 08:18 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Again after continuing to read all of the comments another saying comes to mind. It is from my Mother " One's person's antiques are another person's junk.

Bottom line is we all look differently on what we like to do camping. so if you can't enjoy yourself camping find another hobby like staying in a resort in DR.

urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
The right to silence doesn't Trump the right to listen to music, but at the same time finding a medium of common respect for those around us is usually easy enough.

Some people are inconsiderate by being loud, and some people are inconsiderate by finding fault with every situation, that's just reality, it's fortunate that most people fit in between, knowing that living among humans best accomplished with some give and take as the alternative is constant misery and conflict.

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:30 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
A lot of this had me in stitches! Thanks for the laughs!

I have to agree to adding other peoples dogs and grumpy people to the list, i have that covered according to my wife!

As for music, we have a jice bluetooth speaker we use, once on we walk around a bit to make sure it is not too loud. We just like a little music in our lives.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:06 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
Portion of original post, "I am kind of dismayed that in general folks don't get shut down for this obnoxious activity until 10 PM. Since the vast majority of campers are generally quiet and would prefer the same from others, why do campgrounds allow this?"

They don't disallow it because music is a great joy to many people. They do however regulate it the best they can. The campground management have chosen an average time of 10 p.m. where many bit not all people might be winding down for the evening. Maybe it would be helpful if at 10 p.m. the campground host would do a loop through the campground to see if there is a violation. At that time the host could give that camper a gentle reminder.

Anytime you go to a place where people gather you are going to have people problems. Just because you left your neighborhood, your home , your driveway and moved all your stuff to another location does not mean that people are going to behave any differently than they do on a regular basis.

Some people are intentionally selfish and could not care less whether you can hear their music or enjoy it or not.

Some people are going to push the boundaries just a little bit and see if nobody minds their music and they can listen to it past 10.

Some people are just a little impervious to think that anything they do is bothering or impacting anybody.

Some people are intentionally defiant and their goal is to turn it up, rock on and tell you to f off.

People will be people, we have to police ourselves, obey the rules, find a happy medium, exhibit some tolerance, suck it up, let It go and shrug it off.

And maybe the next time that I'm doing something that drives somebody crazy they will offer me the same grace. We would rather you come over and mention it to us politely vs bottling it all up inside and then come stomping over to my camp ground when you are fed up.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:26 PM   #61
Rivet Master

2012 19' International
Southeastern MI , Michigan
Reading this thread makes me dread getting old.

Tow Vehicle: Ram Laramie 2500 crew cab, Cummins 6.7 Turbodiesel
Countryboy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:48 PM   #62
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Did you ever notice that in this thread, nobody's complaining about those infernal outside TV's and speaker systems where the guy in the corner lot in the huge camper is watching a game, or maybe an auto race, or maybe Jerry Seinfeld? Why is that? I don't know, do you?

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:48 PM   #63
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Forest Grove , Oregon
I think that might be the amplified music the original post was about....maybe?
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:19 AM   #64
4 Rivet Member

2013 28' International
Bozeman , Montana
I’d rather listen to most people’s music then someone’s TV show or sports program, or their yappy dogs or screaming kids (I’m not talking about happy kids). We just spent three days camping at the Gorge Amphitheatre in WA for a couple of Dead and Company concerts. Lots of music being played outside but everyone was respectful of the quiet time, 2:00am - 8:00am. A lot more relaxed and respectful crowd even with very close quarters camping then most campgrounds we’ve been at lately.
HeadWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:06 AM   #65
4 Rivet Member

2019 30' International
Pennsylvania , Pennsylvania
It's not the loud music, or the loud tv, or the incessant barking dog....rather, it's the self centered people. Selfishness and self centered behavior is the root of the problem. A lack of courtesy.

I'm firing my 11:00 fireworks off, fellow man be damned.

Ever notice, there's nearly always somebody hammerin', splittin', or bangin' or something?

I think I'll go over to my neighbors porch and bark for a couple hours.

Nah, that'd be stupid.

Maybe I'll crank Led Zepplin at 5 a.m when I get up, say, 1000 watt cerwin vega style.

Nah, that'd be downright mean.

Hey, lets burn some plastic in the fire pit, throw some caustic smoke over their way.

OH BOY, careful there bro.

Honey, where'd I put that laser pointer.....

2017 Ford CCSB F250 XLT 6.2L Gas 4x4 Ruby
2019 International Serenity 30 Rear Twin
majorairhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:54 AM   #66
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
Since this is a complainers thread I might as well jump in too.
I agree with the OP on the "amplified" music - one of the many reasons we avoid holiday weekend camping.

My pet peeve are the people who must lock/unlock their cars 10x per hour and everybody get to hear the beeps, horn honks and lights flashing at all hours of the day/night. Folks should learn to tone this down just as you do your cell phone when entering church, business meeting, etc......
Hensley Arrow hitch with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:17 AM   #67
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

After camping in tents for >40 years, the Airstream is a very quiet place. In a tent, there is nothing at all to block the noise. Want to know what the people in the tent think about your air conditioner running all night long? (or even you stove vent firing up at 7 AM?) ...hmmm....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:41 AM   #68
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
How about those old diesels from 20 yrs ago? I don’t think you could turn up music loud enough to drown those out. Let it run for 20 minutes at 5 in the morning so they could run a Mr Coffee. Did this turn into a complaining thread?
Old 06-12-2019, 07:06 AM   #69
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
If it did, what about those inconsiderate campers who run their rooftop air conditioners when you want to sit outside and just hear the wind and the birds?

Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:16 AM   #70
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawus"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , Milky Way
"Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell."
W. H. Auden

nuff said...🤔

Bob
🇺🇸

"The hardest thing about Airstreaming, clearing your head and accepting how others feel it’s supposed to be done"…..
Amanamus

"Tahawus"
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote