Old 10-21-2007, 04:16 PM   #29
Rivet Master
1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Originally Posted by mrchinup1
[This person (I hope you are listening) also left her dog with no food and a shelter that blew away. This was in the Sangre de Christo Mountains at 8500'. There was heavy frost both nights.I fed the short haired dog several times, set up the shelter and I was the guy who called animal control.]

Good job, i'm very glad i wasn't there! Last week two 4 month old pups were wondering around my yard. No doubt someone just dumped them, now i don't know what to do with them, i already have 2 of my own.

I'm going up to N Georgia for a rally and i'm really pretty sick over what to do with them. I really can't keep them, we want to go cross country for 3 months this summer, 4 dogs in a 23 ft, ahh. Humane Society kills them after 6 days or so, i'm very bumbed. Help!
Have you looked for any rescue organizations where you live? If you go to, you should be able to see rescues listed for your area. If you contact them, they will more than likely be able to help you or point you in the right direction to someone who can. I'd avoid the humane society if possible and give the rescue organizations a chance. Good luck!

Cameron & the Labradors
Kai & Samm
North Vancouver, BC
AIR #11529
Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - Mame Dennis
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:43 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member
2006 23' Safari SE
Smith lake , Alabama
I've tried that too, they are either full or will not take any half breeds. I drove almost 2 hours the other day to a humane Society in huntville, they said puppies have a fair to good chance of adoption. The bad news i was out of their county, they wouldn't take them. If i didn't have 2, i would keep them. Awesome little pups!

mrchinup1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #31

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Is it just me, or did this thread take a very strange twist in direction?

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote