Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #21
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmini
Pick up would be good ,all you have to do is take bolts out of rubber feet on bottom of generator put longer metric bolt thru a plate or pickup bed.Would want bolt heads where they can not get to them or grind heads round so it would be hard to get them out.
I wonder how that would work with a shell on? I had thought about rigging up some sort of slide out, but that seemed trouble bound.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:50 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray
I wonder how that would work with a shell on? I had thought about rigging up some sort of slide out, but that seemed trouble bound.
Do you mean CAMPER SHELL? You would want to leave tail gate open when running.But they can not just run up and cut cable and run.If you wanted to you could put a motion detector with alarm at tail gate of camper shell,if they went in alarm would go off. Then you could .
Old 10-14-2007, 04:55 PM   #23
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmini
Do you mean CAMPER SHELL? You would want to leave tail gate open when running.But they can not just run up and cut cable and run.If you wanted to you could put a motion detector with alarm at tail gate of camper shell,if they went in alarm would go off. Then you could .
Sorry, I do mean camper shell, but bolted down like suggested.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:52 PM   #24
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Will your electic plug reach your PU if you are parked in front of your trailer? Many of the places I park it is not possible to park behind the trailer.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:58 PM   #25
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
Will your electic plug reach your PU if you are parked in front of your trailer? Many of the places I park it is not possible to park behind the trailer.
It will with my extension cord.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:48 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
On a related happy note. Putting new seals on a window yesterday and in a rush to leave - left a brand ne 18 volt drill sitting streetside of the trailer. Went back out today and it was gone....

Someone picked it up and set it between the curbside tires....
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:02 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganglin
On a related happy note. Putting new seals on a window yesterday and in a rush to leave - left a brand ne 18 volt drill sitting streetside of the trailer. Went back out today and it was gone....

Someone picked it up and set it between the curbside tires....
So you got it back! Good! I had to read it twice to see...First I thought it was between the tires and you left with the trailer (which would have run over the drill...).

(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/15)(Roger RIP 12/30/20, Penny RIP 6/14/21)

1997 34' Excella WBCCI 5936
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:03 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Smith lake , Alabama
[This person (I hope you are listening) also left her dog with no food and a shelter that blew away. This was in the Sangre de Christo Mountains at 8500'. There was heavy frost both nights.I fed the short haired dog several times, set up the shelter and I was the guy who called animal control.]

Good job, i'm very glad i wasn't there! Last week two 4 month old pups were wondering around my yard. No doubt someone just dumped them, now i don't know what to do with them, i already have 2 of my own.

I'm going up to N Georgia for a rally and i'm really pretty sick over what to do with them. I really can't keep them, we want to go cross country for 3 months this summer, 4 dogs in a 23 ft, ahh. Humane Society kills them after 6 days or so, i'm very bumbed. Help!
mrchinup1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:16 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchinup1
[This person (I hope you are listening) also left her dog with no food and a shelter that blew away. This was in the Sangre de Christo Mountains at 8500'. There was heavy frost both nights.I fed the short haired dog several times, set up the shelter and I was the guy who called animal control.]

Good job, i'm very glad i wasn't there! Last week two 4 month old pups were wondering around my yard. No doubt someone just dumped them, now i don't know what to do with them, i already have 2 of my own.

I'm going up to N Georgia for a rally and i'm really pretty sick over what to do with them. I really can't keep them, we want to go cross country for 3 months this summer, 4 dogs in a 23 ft, ahh. Humane Society kills them after 6 days or so, i'm very bumbed. Help!
Have you looked for any rescue organizations where you live? If you go to petfinder.com, you should be able to see rescues listed for your area. If you contact them, they will more than likely be able to help you or point you in the right direction to someone who can. I'd avoid the humane society if possible and give the rescue organizations a chance. Good luck!
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:43 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Smith lake , Alabama
I've tried that too, they are either full or will not take any half breeds. I drove almost 2 hours the other day to a humane Society in huntville, they said puppies have a fair to good chance of adoption. The bad news i was out of their county, they wouldn't take them. If i didn't have 2, i would keep them. Awesome little pups!
mrchinup1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #31
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Is it just me, or did this thread take a very strange twist in direction?