Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2006, 11:54 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Palm Bay , Florida
Yukionna

Here is a picture I took at the Region 1 rally this year. You may recognize the rider. Your trailer looked fantastic and was truly alluminated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yukionna at region 1.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	27440  
www.facebook.com/FloridaStateRally
WBCCI Florida Unit 027 Trustee
https://www.airstream-adventures.com/...rida_Unit.html
WBCCI #6782
31' 78 Airstream Excella 500
2001 Ford Excursion V-10
Reese hitch and dual cam sway control
startrekker2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:16 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Castalain Springs , Tennessee
Travels

We purchased our AS last Feb. We started in March and haven't stopped. We've visited various places in Tennessee, South Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Maine, New Brunswick Ca., Prince Edward Island Ca., Virginia. Leaving this Friday for probably our last trip this year and going back to Edisto Beach, SC for 10 days. We've put 10,000 miles on the AS and 24,000 miles on the new F250 since Feb.
GreggH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:27 PM   #23
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
We picked up our AS over Memorial Day weekend and have camped in 5 states including a trip to Ohio to the factory for repairs to the body from two boo-boos...one my fault and one the fault of a now deceased deer.

We have camped twice in Ohio, once in Kentucky, twice in Tennesee, twice in Georgia, and twice at our favorite so far, Ft. Wilderness at Walt Disney World in Florida. The two trips to Ft. Wilderness have been our longest at four days each. I have towed our Airstream just over 4,400 miles this year and we have at least one more camping trip in November with my brother-in-law and his two sons. That trip will be in Georgia. That will probably be it 'till February when it's back to Ft. Wilderness for a four day weekend during President's Week. Looking forward to all of the adventures that we take next year in our "Changes in Latitudes"!
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:54 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Oh to be retired. They still expect me to show up at work in order to keep getting paid! My Argosy "Twink" has spent the summer on the lake property. I go down almost every week-end to just camp in him and dream about the house we're building down there. Someday we'll hit the road and take him places---someday. I envy all of your trips. Aren't these Airstreams fun!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	27470  
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:45 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
1965 20' Globetrotter
Stephenville , Texas
Wishing and Dreaming ...

Carol your pictures were beautiful. We try to go to Colorado at least once a year but haven't made it the last two years. The pictures sure made me homesick. Don't believe you can see colors in the sky anywhere else as beautiful as you can in Colorado.

We bought Seymour in July and we are finishing up on all of our projects to get him road worthy. Our goal is in sight and hopefully by Thanksgiving we will get to make our very first trip. Then, maybe we'll get to go to all the great locations described in this thread and finally get to begin living our dream.

Can't wait. Until then we're still wishing and dreaming.....
Jimarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:18 PM   #26
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
North Carolina through Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Ohio (stop at the factory), Illinois, Iowa, South Dakota, Wyoming and to my new home in Western Montana. Next trip. Montana to Oregon for a couple months, Oregon to Boise, ID for a couple months, then a little trip around Idaho and yellowstone. Trip interupted by accident see thread "A little advanture into a big one." Expecting to get back on the road by Saturday. Back to Oregon for a couple weeks and then back to Missoula for Thanksgiving.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:38 PM   #27
Alumination

2005 28' Safari
Hillsboro , Texas
Send a message via MSN to njoysrvin
we have been from North Carolina to: Tenn. , Kentucky, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, California, Oregon , Washington State, Idaho,Montana, ND, Minn,Wisconsin, Michigan, Ontario, New York, Ohio, West VA, and VA.........great fun
njoysrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:51 PM   #28
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by njoysrvin
we have been from North Carolina to: Tenn. , Kentucky, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, California, Oregon , Washington State, Idaho,Montana, ND, Minn,Wisconsin, Michigan, Ontario, New York, Ohio, West VA, and VA.........great fun
Wow, your itenerary sounds like that hotel commercial with the Johnny Cash theme song!

"...I've been everywhere, man. Breathed the mountain air, man. I've been everywhere, man..."
WBCCI# 4821
Old 10-27-2006, 05:33 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Arlington , Virginia
Purchased the Airstream on the last day of the fiscal year (any feds out there?) and drove it out of the Great Smoky Mountains (North Carolina). Anyway, drove to Middle Tenn Airstream for some repairs and maintenance. Drove home to Northern Virginia and have been making upgrades ever since. Continuing repairs, preparing for winter, and getting psyched for the first Spring journey!
Streamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:20 AM   #30
Huh?

1975 27' Overlander
Twin Cities , Minnesota
Well...

Twice I moved my AS forward about 50' to mow around/under it and then I backed it up to the same spot.
My big 'trip' of the year was when I hired a backhoe to come in and root out some stumps and small trees. Then I pulled it several hundred feet out in to the hay field so as to have it out of harms way. I had the excavator haul in some fill dirt and make a level pad so that when I move it to mow I don't have to back the tires up onto a board to level it.

I did have a dream about going to Washington DC to see my congressman.
I brought my AS and stayed in it. George and Laura allowed me to park it on the White House lawn. I was being mobbed by reporters and Dan Rather was asking to see the inside.
When I woke up the neighbors cows were mooing in the field next door.
Whew!
Ultradog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:36 AM   #31
Desert Fox

1985 31' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
Hi all,
As usual we spend our summer in Alaska. This summer was wet and cold.We din not take our AS with us but drove a car. The reason for the car was that we wanted to take the ferry form Haines Alaska to Bellingham Wa. It was a great trip. But I want warn anyone that is thinking about it remember that the ferry system charges by the foot of your vehicle. I will give you a fast and rought cost. Car was 750, {15 Feet long]cabin 500, faire for two of us 350. The food was extra on the ship. Four day was about 250. If you think you can stay in your motorhome or trailer forget it. Pets are not allowed in your room. They must stay in your vehicle and you are allowed 15 minutes 3 times a day to feed them and walk them. There is no kennels on the ship. The kennel is your car or motorhome or trailer.
I was still a great trip. Something we wanted to do all our life. But next year our AS is going with us.
Regards Russell in Sunny and warm Tucson Az.
RUSSELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:03 AM   #32
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSELL
Car was 750, {15 Feet long]cabin 500, faire for two of us 350. The food was extra on the ship. Four day was about 250. If you think you can stay in your motorhome or trailer forget it. Pets are not allowed in your room. They must stay in your vehicle and you are allowed 15 minutes 3 times a day to feed them and walk them. There is no kennels on the ship. The kennel is your car or motorhome or trailer.
Wow, $50/LF and then the cost for the two of you. If my math is correct, that was $1850 each way? I'm sure the scenery was well worth it and it was much the same as any other cruise would be plus you have your car with you when you get to the end of the cruise.

Thanks for sharing.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 10-27-2006, 07:37 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
1972 21' Globetrotter
Arlington , Tennessee
Two great trips in our '66 this year. Our first outing was a little Memphis to Indiana Dunes and back trip. Visited Audubon State Park in KY(great musuem) on the way up and Standing Stone(?) near Carbondale and Dickson Springs in Southern IL on the way home. Then Memphis to Mars HIll NC for a family visit and the color show. Color was great in the higher elevations but about a week or ten days from peak near Asheville. Should be in full pop about now.
Cottonboll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:45 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
We traveled from our home in Texas to the Bristol Motor Speedway and a week of fun and racing in March with our friends VAJeep. Later in the summer, we received a contract on our home in Texas and returned to Virginia and Highland Haven Airstream Park. While camped at HH we looked for a house here in Blacksburg and found one. We purchased a share of stock at HH and left our Airstream there, returning to Texas to pack up for the move. While waiting for our house in Blacksburg to be vacated, we lived at HH among new friends and nomads traveling to and fro across this great land we call America. Next week we will join VAJeep and others at the Urbanna Oysterfest and are we ever looking forward to that trip. After Urbanna, we will winterize while planning the winter travel agenda (most likely to be in a southerly direction). Has anyone traveled to Savannah, GA in the winter months?
Old 10-27-2006, 09:09 AM   #35
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
We spent 3 1/2 months traveling around Texas staying on area lakes after attending the last WBCCI rally of the year in Port Aransas. We would come home every week or so for 2-3 days to check on the sprinkler system and yard, then go out to the ranch to keep an eye on the deer, our horses and other things out there. We spent quite a bit of time with our first and only grand daughter (she's now 6 months old).

We headed for New Mexico and Colorado for six weeks the first of September. We spent most of our time in the Creede/South Fork area which is our favorite part of Colorado. As others noted, this year the fall colors were extraordinary and we experienced numerous early snows for the first time in many, many years that early in the season. Without a doubt, this was the most beautiful we've ever seen Colorado in the 30+ years we've been traveling that great state.

Now that we've returned we'll be making our unit's rallies throughout the winter and spring. We're using our trailer to the max this year since the wife finally retired and we are enjoying it to the fullest.
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:22 AM   #36
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoominC6
Has anyone traveled to Savannah, GA in the winter months?
I grew up about 100 miles west of Savannah. The winter is very mild. There are temps to freezing but for the most part you will see day time temps in the 40's-60's and nights in the mid 30's-upper 40's. You can go to the Weather Channel's web site to see what the average temps should be during the time of your visit a month in advance.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 10-27-2006, 11:56 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Thanks for the tip MM. That will most likely be one of our southern destinations this winter. Happy Trails
Old 10-27-2006, 03:21 PM   #38
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Only a few relatively short trips into the States and here in Ontario.
A few were forum rallys that were a lot of fun.
Carol I just finished looking at all of your holiday photos and loved them all. I am so jealous of your holiday and your ability to take such awesome photos.
May I be so lucky as to get a few like yours.
Al
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #39
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Del Norte , Colorado
We made 4 trips west this year, first to pick up out Argosy Minuet that had been stored at Ute Lake at Logan, NM then on to visit Walsenburg, South Fork, Pagosa Springs, CO, then over into nothwestern NM at Farmington, Aztec, Bloomfield.
Then about 1 month later we returned to spend two weeks at Salida, CO, came home and got the stuff ready again went back to Salida for a week.
The last trip we made to Walsenburg, Alamosa, Del Norte and South Fork, CO
We winterized the trailer and left it in storage at Del Norte. At 1,000 miles each way that was to many miles in to short a time but we enjoyed.
Don

PS: Carol
Thanks for the kind words.

Slide show of our photos at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/DonTPhot...h-ORCkfR4yW29Y
nymphfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:50 PM   #40
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Just returned from Refugio S/B today, near Santa Barbara. Beautiful weather, beautiful beach. We stayed Thursday night at Cachuma lake on the way down there.
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote