Old 10-21-2006, 10:47 AM   #15
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Sadly, we haven't been out at all this year yet. But there are bright spots:

1. We hosted the Denver unit here, and it was a blast! Really just about as good as getting out on the road ourselves!

2. We're fixing to leave Monday for a trip through the four-corners area: Over to Bluff via Farmington; from Bluff down toward Gallup; from Gallup over to Acoma; from Acoma down to Los Lunas (family visit); and from Los Lunas back up here.

The only mystery at the moment is where we're going to stay at Acoma.

Lynn

Old 10-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #16
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim

1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
Been to the hardware store. Over and over and over again...

Check out my book: Restoring a Dream
Check out my Airstream book for kids!: Airstream Adventures
theVAP - Airstream Podcast
Safari Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:56 AM   #17
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Ask me again when its over........

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:32 PM   #18
Very american 4 a french

1971 27' Overlander
DUNKERQUE / FRANCE , Nord
Hi carol;
Three weeks in June & July in our little paradise corner in the north of France (gravelines exactly ) without stoping my job,, then three weeks in the West coast of france too, the basque coast near Saint Jean de Luz when i've spent time to try to surf.
then return until the end of August to Gravelines ( North ) to end the holidays season and begin to work quietly.

that all for this year but living 2 monthes in the A/s , that 's great !

Bruno.
My AIRSTREAMLIFE ning
brunoffrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:19 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Classic
West Chazy , New York
Didn't venture too far or travel much this year. We a spent week in the Finger Lakes region of NY (Watkins Glen). The gorge is absolutely stunning! Took a shuttle to the top and walked down the 2 1/2 mile trail rather that climbing up all the steps. Being down in the gorge reminds one of Jurassic Park or other prehistoric visions. Of course there was the wine tasting. There are numerous wineries along both shores of all the lakes. Even had a great dinner cruise on night on Seneca Lake. Great vacation!

A few days before Columbus Day we went to an area just NW of Rutland Vermont where we visited Plymouth Union - an historic village where Calvin Cooledge was born, raised and took his oath as 30th president. Plymouth Union is also home to a historic cheese company, called what other than Plymouth Cheese. It is quite tasty with a different flavor than anything else. Supposedly it is made the same way today as it was originally.
Also took a tour of Wilson Castle in Poultny. The castle is privatley owned and in need of some repair, but is quite unique and worthy of a visit if you are in the area. Nice to find interesting things within a day of home.
WBCCI 2623
romap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:01 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
wheel interested -- I've been through your pictures several times now and it's just like flipping through a Sierra Club calender. Your compositions are wonderful and I could look at them for hours.

Could we hear a little bit more about the route you took? What campgrounds were you in, and what waypoints and towns did you stop in? And where did you find that beautiful bowl of French onion soup?

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:54 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Palm Bay , Florida
Yukionna

Here is a picture I took at the Region 1 rally this year. You may recognize the rider. Your trailer looked fantastic and was truly alluminated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yukionna at region 1.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	27440  
www.facebook.com/FloridaStateRally
WBCCI Florida Unit 027 Trustee
http://www.airstream-adventures.com/...rida_Unit.html
WBCCI #6782
31' 78 Airstream Excella 500
2001 Ford Excursion V-10
Reese hitch and dual cam sway control
startrekker2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:16 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Castalain Springs , Tennessee
Travels

We purchased our AS last Feb. We started in March and haven't stopped. We've visited various places in Tennessee, South Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Maine, New Brunswick Ca., Prince Edward Island Ca., Virginia. Leaving this Friday for probably our last trip this year and going back to Edisto Beach, SC for 10 days. We've put 10,000 miles on the AS and 24,000 miles on the new F250 since Feb.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:27 PM   #23
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
We picked up our AS over Memorial Day weekend and have camped in 5 states including a trip to Ohio to the factory for repairs to the body from two boo-boos...one my fault and one the fault of a now deceased deer.

We have camped twice in Ohio, once in Kentucky, twice in Tennesee, twice in Georgia, and twice at our favorite so far, Ft. Wilderness at Walt Disney World in Florida. The two trips to Ft. Wilderness have been our longest at four days each. I have towed our Airstream just over 4,400 miles this year and we have at least one more camping trip in November with my brother-in-law and his two sons. That trip will be in Georgia. That will probably be it 'till February when it's back to Ft. Wilderness for a four day weekend during President's Week. Looking forward to all of the adventures that we take next year in our "Changes in Latitudes"!
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:54 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Oh to be retired. They still expect me to show up at work in order to keep getting paid! My Argosy "Twink" has spent the summer on the lake property. I go down almost every week-end to just camp in him and dream about the house we're building down there. Someday we'll hit the road and take him places---someday. I envy all of your trips. Aren't these Airstreams fun!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	27470  
Old 10-25-2006, 03:45 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
1965 20' Globetrotter
Stephenville , Texas
Wishing and Dreaming ...

Carol your pictures were beautiful. We try to go to Colorado at least once a year but haven't made it the last two years. The pictures sure made me homesick. Don't believe you can see colors in the sky anywhere else as beautiful as you can in Colorado.

We bought Seymour in July and we are finishing up on all of our projects to get him road worthy. Our goal is in sight and hopefully by Thanksgiving we will get to make our very first trip. Then, maybe we'll get to go to all the great locations described in this thread and finally get to begin living our dream.

Can't wait. Until then we're still wishing and dreaming.....
Jimarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:18 PM   #26
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
North Carolina through Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Ohio (stop at the factory), Illinois, Iowa, South Dakota, Wyoming and to my new home in Western Montana. Next trip. Montana to Oregon for a couple months, Oregon to Boise, ID for a couple months, then a little trip around Idaho and yellowstone. Trip interupted by accident see thread "A little advanture into a big one." Expecting to get back on the road by Saturday. Back to Oregon for a couple weeks and then back to Missoula for Thanksgiving.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:38 PM   #27
Alumination

2005 28' Safari
Hillsboro , Texas
Send a message via MSN to njoysrvin
we have been from North Carolina to: Tenn. , Kentucky, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, California, Oregon , Washington State, Idaho,Montana, ND, Minn,Wisconsin, Michigan, Ontario, New York, Ohio, West VA, and VA.........great fun
Old 10-26-2006, 03:51 PM   #28
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by njoysrvin
we have been from North Carolina to: Tenn. , Kentucky, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, California, Oregon , Washington State, Idaho,Montana, ND, Minn,Wisconsin, Michigan, Ontario, New York, Ohio, West VA, and VA.........great fun
Wow, your itenerary sounds like that hotel commercial with the Johnny Cash theme song!

"...I've been everywhere, man. Breathed the mountain air, man. I've been everywhere, man..."

WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote