3 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
Carrollton , Texas
At McDonalds

Old 12-31-2010, 07:57 AM   #16
airperson

2006 25' Classic
Ft Worth , Texas
I stoped by Camping World yeaterday and could not find any stacking pans. I guess they don't carry them anymore. You did a good days work when you got yours. CU, on the road Airperson

Old 12-31-2010, 09:05 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airperson View Post
I stoped by Camping World yeaterday and could not find any stacking pans. I guess they don't carry them anymore. You did a good days work when you got yours. CU, on the road Airperson
I bought mine at half-price when they closed them out about 6 or 7 years ago. Occasionally since then they have been available at CC, but they are not in their normal product line.

They are still manufactured. I would do some internet searches.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:30 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
just google nesting cookware and you'll find several choices online.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:24 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
Found this link. Video is interesting, although lower prices can be found elsewhere on the Internet. Does anyone have a set of these? How do you like them? How do they compare to regular cookware that you use at home?

MAGMA PRODUCTS Ten-Piece Nesting Stainless-Steel & TeflonŽ Cookware Sets at West Marine
Old 12-31-2010, 11:35 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Found this link. Video is interesting, although lower prices can be found elsewhere on the Internet. Does anyone have a set of these? How do you like them? How do they compare to regular cookware that you use at home?

MAGMA PRODUCTS Ten-Piece Nesting Stainless-Steel & TeflonŽ Cookware Sets at West Marine
Those are the ones I have except that mine are a more matte finish metal rather than shiny. They have thick bottoms and work very well. My set came with three handles.

The handles are great on the smaller pots, but there is almost too much leverage with the big pot or big pan, especially when they are full. I usually use a handle on each side to pick up these larger pieces.
WBCCI #9632
Old 12-31-2010, 04:43 PM   #21
airperson

2006 25' Classic
Ft Worth , Texas
Thanks so much

Wow, these pots are just what I need. I didn't have any idea they were so nice. Thanks so much. CU, On the road Airperson
Old 12-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB International CCD
Leesburg , Virginia
We have some very nice marine cookware that nests and the handles come off. We store it in the drawer under the dinette seat that's nearest the door in our 25' FB. We don't have an oven - only the convection microwave and we don't store anything in there other than the accessories that came with the microwave.
WBCCI #2515
TAC #VA-9
golfgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:45 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Open Road , USA
For us, the pots go in the oven and the pans go under the sink. We can fit about 3 pots in the oven, plus some stuff inside them and 2-3 pans stacked and they still fit under the sink's p-trap.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:04 AM   #24
airperson

2006 25' Classic
Ft Worth , Texas
By the way, I like to bake as well. So I am stuck with trying to find a place for a cookie sheet and a brownie pan and a muffin pan as well as a loaf ban. And those are just the basic Pan items needed to make everyday stuff. Any ideas on these would be appreciated. CU, On the road Airperson
Old 01-01-2011, 07:11 AM   #25
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
My wife is also a baker. On our SILVER STREAK we had the option of storing under the refrigerator in an enclosed cabinet. Had that not been available I would have used: under the bed, in the truck, etc, as baking was not daily for us (or when underway). I would think that an undersink standing rack would be best for sheets, etc. I worked from the premise that heavy items go towards the floor and lighter items closer to the ceiling and found good ways to pack/store in this manner.
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airperson View Post
By the way, I like to bake as well. So I am stuck with trying to find a place for a cookie sheet and a brownie pan and a muffin pan as well as a loaf ban. And those are just the basic Pan items needed to make everyday stuff. Any ideas on these would be appreciated. CU, On the road Airperson
Consider using silicone muffin and loaf pans. They are pretty indestructible and have worked great for me. They deform to fit most any available space.

I carry a shiny metal sheet to put under things baking in the oven. It keeps things from burning on the bottom before they are done in the center. The sheet stores against the side of the cabinet under the sink and takes up no room at all,
WBCCI #9632
Old 01-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB International CCD
Leesburg , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post

Yes, these are the ones we have. They are shiny, heavy stainless steel and are extremely nice. I think they also come in a non-stick finish for a higher price. I think I paid around $130 for our stainless steel set a few months ago.
WBCCI #2515
TAC #VA-9
golfgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
2005 18' Westphalia
Evans , GA
In my 28' CCD I kept them under the sink.
I scoured Ross and Marshall's for Calphalon with metal lids and short handles.
I carried a 10" fry, an omelet, a sauce pan and a stock pot. They nested well together pushed to the hinge side under the sink all sitting in a large melamine tray from Target. I kept a silicone steamer in one of the pots. I hung a lid keeper on the door.
I installed one piece of a wire Ikea wine rack to contain my baking pans vertically. (The Ikea wire vertical storage pieces were too long but the wine rack was perfect)
Behind this I stood; a square melamine platter, two small air cookie sheets, a small jelly roll pan, a large collapsible bowl, a large collapsible colander and the pot lids that did not fit in the door.
It was a beautiful sight of organization and simple to use.
I carried nothing in my oven. The thought of having to find a temporary place for things whenever I used the oven was not appealing to me.
My dish and food lockers and drawers were kept well organized as well.

Now I have a Westy and things are tucked in various nooks and crannies.

Bird's Nest is offline   Reply With Quote