Old 10-23-2005, 09:49 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
We're going south to see the Tarheel branch of the family. First stopping at Cumberland Gap National Park, Wilderness Road Campground then south to Uwharrie National Forest (its lovely and quiet) Arrowhead Campground, then to South Carolina's Huntington Beach Campground (full hookups) to explore Myrtle Beach and Charleston. Then back via Lake Allatoona. We are trying out two new campgrounds thanks to the recommendations of the forum (SC and GA).
If you have time you should hit Helen GA. www.helenga.org The Top of GA Airstream park is close to it. http://www.topofga.org/

Or plan that trip around the next SE Forum Rally. Its been at that campground twice now.

Well my 1 year restore is rolling into its 3rd year. 3's a Charm right? Its actually going together. With some luck another interior skin will be riveted in today. Now I'm into a weather problem. Time to paint and looks like fall finally arived That may put the breaks on till spring when it warms back up.

Once its together Our plan is a shake down trip to Top of GA and meet some more of the local WBCCI. Once we work out the bugs we want to go down to St George FL and spend a week at the state park. http://www.floridastateparks.org/stg...nd/default.cfm

We love St George. Thats where we had our Honeymoon. Vacation down there as often as we can afford the Beach houses. The camper being done will make our visits more frequent. We will be able to take 3-4 day weekends a couple times a year.

Our Coach is a family Heirloom. I hope to also make a trip up to near New Port News to Visit one of Chili's Brother so we can show him his dads camper restored and try and catch a visit to Falling water while up that way. http://www.pbs.org/flw/buildings/fal...lingwater.html Maybe the Biltmore on the way back and see my sister house in Charlotte, time permitting.

2007 will be West! I haven't been to CO since I was a kid. Swing through St Louis to Show the coach to Chilli's Oldest Brother.

59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 05:43 PM   #16

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Still early in the process. I know we will have the Moraine View Rally up in LeRoy Il. Also we might do a trip up to the Airstream Homecoming up at JC. Price of gas will have a lot to do with where we do the big vacation. We love those cool climes and the last two years had us up at Mackinac City Mi, and Sister Bay Wi for our longer summer trips.

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:28 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Top of my list is Jekyll Island, Georgia, followed by St. Augustine, Florida. Maybe a few local places, like Rainbow Springs, Florida.
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:39 PM   #18
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
2006 promises many adventures. I'll be taking the trailer up into the Arizona mountains on a couple of fishing trips. Undoubtedly, will go over the Memorial Day weekend at Cyclone Lake and then off to Christmas Tree Lake for some of those native Apache Trout. Big as footballs and don't like to surface. Been thinking about a Yellowstone trip for years and it might just happen next year.

SilverToy - what part of Aizona you going through? Northern or southern route?

Brad
FF

1000th post Yehoooow!!!

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:46 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Jan-Feb we hope to spend a couple of weeks in the Naples, Fla, area visiting friends who winter there. Any suggestions on a campground with full service but off a major highway? We need one we can day trip from. We'll probably have a long weekend at Bennet Springs State Park in MO as soon in spring as we can have Gypsy de-winterized. After that, for a longer trip in summer. . .West (Rockies) or North (Lake Superior)? That is the big question! Next year if I can get Max to fully retire, I hope we can do the Calif-Washington coast drive. Also want to work in the Maine-Nova Scotia area soon, and can't overlook other parts of Canada. Too much we want to do, and we can't do it all this year!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 07:07 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
We are hoping to make a couple Tin Can Tourist affairs, one in January in Cedar Key, Florida, the other in May in Michigan. We are going to try to hit the homecoming this year. A nice long trip to Sleeping Bear Dunes, MI, should be in order as well. Our favorite adventures are the ones where we flip a coin at every so often and see where we end up! Does anyone have a similar (or strange) way of determining your destination?
See everyone out there!

PEACE!

Holly
silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 08:15 PM   #21
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
It'll depend mainly on fuel prices.

If fuel is within reason, I could see going to:

LeRoy in spring, then the U.P. of MI, Northwest IL by the Mississippi and a few local trips.....but all bets are off if gas stays well into the $2/gallon range getting between 13 to 14 mpg towing.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 08:20 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
where ya goin?

crazy.....want to come along?
norbster

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 08:28 PM   #23
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermoon
Our favorite adventures are the ones where we flip a coin at every so often and see where we end up! Does anyone have a similar (or strange) way of determining your destination?
See everyone out there!

Magic 8 Ball!

Frederic

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:09 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 24' Tradewind
Silver City , Motorcourt
Where do you go when "better not tell you now" comes up?

PEACE!

Holly
silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:47 PM   #25
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
I park for the night and start thinking about going back home, LOL!

Frederic

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:01 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Redmond , Oregon
I will be going to Northern Arizona and Western New Mexico the last two weeks of March. Seeing the normal stuff, grand canyon, meteor crater, native american sites, petrified forest, VLA etc. Hopefully hooking up with Frederic (hope he doesnt bring the magic 8 ball) and see the grand canyon with him. If things turn out right might travel with him and his two little one's a few days.

Any idea's (other than stay out of my state....LOL) would be greatly appreciated!

Les
Old 10-26-2005, 09:26 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
igor, if you get a chance, be sure to see Canyon de Chelley in the northeast corner of Arizona. It is stunning plus entrance and camping is free at the campground adjacent to the entrance.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:31 PM   #28
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
Our 06 begins with us already on vacation in the Florida Keys. We depart early in December for a month long visit to Florida.

Other than that, we will likely spend a month beginning on Labor Day, first visiting Asheville, NC then Williamsburg, then a week in the art museums and Smithsonians in Wash. DC, then down to Atlanta to visit relatives, then home.