Old 05-23-2008, 01:52 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
Well, we're headed up into the Sierra Foothills of Northern California...this will be our 1st outing with our 'new' 78 Ambassador since picking it up two weeks ago. We'll get to see what needs additional attention, on this our 'trial' run!

We've been busy replacing the AC unit, adding a Winegard Trav'ler Dish Sat antenna, along with a new Sanyo 22 inch LCD HDTV, a new Converter/charger to replace the Univolt (from Best Converter), the tail/stop lights with LED units, all the faded oval reflectors, and patching a couple of holes on the roof where the old TV antenna and a CB antenna were mounted!

Of course, there has been much cleaning, tidying up the interior...this AS had been in a storage yard for some time!

It's been a busy couple of weeks! We're going to sit back and relax this weekend!

Everyone be careful out there...all the 'amateur' drivers will be talking on their cell phones and yelling at their kids while trying to get around we Trailer types to save 3 Min's on their road trip!

Old 05-23-2008, 12:35 PM   #58
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Last minute plans, going 40 minutes away near Marcellus, MI - Cranberry Lake Campground. Took Felix down last night, to miss the mad rush getting into the campground during the 5pm - 7pm rush.

Derek

Old 05-23-2008, 08:42 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
I am prepping for the First Friday Art Trail for June in Lubbock TX.
A portion of my photos will be included for exhibition at The Lubbock Garden and Arts Center.

So, I have had display photos printed in large format (16" x 21" up to 24" x 52") seven of my landscape shots for the show. I had them done by sublimating the inks into vinyl wallpaper and then mounted to half inch rigid foam board for durable displays.

Unlike the display photos, the museum quality prints people order are on acid free archival satin finish paper, done in a 12 color process archival giclee inks, and then signed and numbered-limited editions.

So, I am not going anywhere this weekend. I don't know about the rest of the Summer. I did a trip in March to 10 National Parks and Monuments in AZ and UT over Spring Break, but didn't pull the trailer....and since then diesel is up 25% in the past 60 days with promises of even higher pricing in the weeks to come. My Airstream use may be limited to backyard camping or close 50 -100 miles away bluegrass jams.

AIR # 410
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsphotoscapes
dscluchfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:24 AM   #60
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, absolutely no-where; We never like to travel on holiday weekends. Retired, so we can go anytime we want to. It sure is nice to go places during the middle of the week. [when all the young people have to support my retirement,.............. I mean work] Lately it has been a tandem bike ride to the park and or beach. Did I tell you how nice it is during the middle of the week?

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:36 AM   #61
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
I'm going to beautiful downtown Estancia, NM. There's a concert, free hamburgers and a circus. A determining factor is I'm also putting on new axles and I live in Estancia.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:12 AM   #62
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
staying home

We already had our "weekend" during the week, last week at Roaring River State Park in Missouri, with trout fishing and great camping and avoided the crowds! So we are going to stay home and work on the Argosy and the garden, weather permitting--we woke up to thunder and the tornado sirens going off this morning and it is still raining.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

http://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:12 AM   #63
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
It is Saturday morning, May 24, in Germantown, MD. I am at my son's computer next to his window to the deck that overlooks a sunny day upon the 'lake' a few feet from the deck. Almost like AS camping. Lynn and I are near winding up our 2 week visit with him here in the DC area. My arthritic knee's and titanium hips have had quite a workout walking DC Mall, Mt Vernon, Baltimore, Gettysburg and the like. Everyday was a traffic nightmare here so we are thinking perhaps a quiet few hours in front our his huge screen TV on Sunday watching the Indy Race will be the centerpiece of the Holiday. Todd, was 're-enlisted' for another 3 years (14 now) in the Navy on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial yesterday. After the short ceremony it was picture taking time with several visiting tourists, including foreign tourists, asking to have their pictures taken with the uniformed Navy officiers. It was indeed a patriotic moment.
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #64
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnrtheil
Last minute plans, going 40 minutes away near Marcellus, MI - Cranberry Lake Campground. Took Felix down last night, to miss the mad rush getting into the campground during the 5pm - 7pm rush.

Derek
I'd love to hear more about this campground. How far from K-zoo is it? We are always open to new places to explore.

TK
Old 05-26-2008, 09:20 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
We booked this weekend in Pittsburg, N.H. five or six months ago with our good Airstreaming buds. It's been years since we camped in this area and it was long overdue. Like our friend said we "Drank with the moose and fed the fish."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-060enhanced.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	61029   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-030enhanced.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	61030  

Name:	MVC-066enhanced.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	61031  

"Reality Is The Leading Cause Of Stress"
"There are only five great men in the world and three of them are hamburgers."
rgesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:30 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2008 27' International CCD FB
Boerne, TX / , Evergreen, CO
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia Send a message via Skype™ to Westfalia
We ended up going to Mueller State Park (Colorado) to snag some last minute walk up only sites on Friday. Beautiful park, but not so beautiful weather. It snowed on us several times on Friday afternoon and temps were a low 27 degrees at night and only a high of about 50.

All of this didn't matter, however, since it was our first official campout in the new trailer. The Airstream kept us warm and dry with enough running space for a two year old.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:34 PM   #67
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Went to Hawley Lake on the White Mountain Apache Reservation in Arizona with my Flyfishing club. The weather turned for the worse....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1544.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	61039  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:51 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2008 27' International CCD FB
Boerne, TX / , Evergreen, CO
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia Send a message via Skype™ to Westfalia
I guess they don't call it White Mountain for nothing . . . That's more snow than I saw, well at least in the past 5 days.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:14 AM   #69
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
What a great trip!

Our stay at Jersey Shore Haven was far better than I could have ever expected. The facilities are wonderful, the people are fantastic, and best of all, it's quiet!

We met a lot of nice folks, toured a lot of rigs, gave a lot of tours of ours, and in general had a great time. One of the people we met (Jan) had a beautiful '79 30 foot center bath rear twin Argosy that had me drooling. Those rear wrap-around windows are very cool. Another guy (Jim) has a 20 foot Argosy very similar to ours. We spent a lot of time comparing notes on our respective renovations.

We'll be back!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_6130sm.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	61070  

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:56 AM   #70
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets
I'd love to hear more about this campground. How far from K-zoo is it? We are always open to new places to explore.

TK
It was a nice place for being 40 minutes from home. Campground has a lot of seasonal campers, all with golf carts, dirt roads, lake for fishing/boating. Bring your own and launch for $6.00 or rent. Full hook up sites are $25.00 per day. Dump station cost $5.00 to use. Sites are short, our 24' fit with about 5 feet in front and two behind. Tow vehicles park along side the one lane dirt road, so they block the golf cart traffic but not the dust. 30 foot rigs will just fit, three sites across from us had a short incline to deal with which made hooking up wd bars impossible. Camper across from you had to move tow vehicle to get complete rig in or out. There is visitor parking areas at the ends of the rows, which is where our truck and car stayed. Wife had to work Monday so she brought her car down. We have been doing a lot of yard work (took down 11 trees) and just wanted to get away from the house, sit and do nothing for a couple of days. There are a couple ponds plus the lake to fish in. The ponds have water fountains that run all the time, there are also a couple of cabins for rent, fire wood to buy. Seasonal residents are kind of loud. No real check-out time, which is nice for camping so close to home. Our spot #37 backed-up to the edge of a hill and overlooked part of the campground. If you like birds, we saw Oriels, Yellow Finch, Blue birds, red winged black birds, Wrens, and the popular Robins and Sparrows. Saw one small snake, a lot of ants, and kids in the campground found two turtles and stopped to show everybody. Not sure if we'll go back, most for the reason we like to try new places, thats why we bought an Airstream with wheels