Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2019, 02:28 PM   #141
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB Classic
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by subfan1 View Post
Hi what recall regarding brakes? We just had our Airstream brakes repaired and no mention of a recall.

I have a 2009 25FB Classic. I purchased it new from Windish AS dealer in Denver. At the time I purchased it there was two recalls on the brakes that the dealer fail to complete or tell me about at the time I purchased it and took delivery. Not until I was reading the AS forum this year that I stumbled across these recalls. I called AS and yup my trailer had not had the recalls complied with. So I took it the the AS near me. I asked AS why I had not been notified and they told me that I was not the owner of it when the recall was issued that the dealer had been notified. Great that a dealer would sale a trailer with two recalls that involve the brakes and not inform the new owner of the recalls that could cause the lost of all brakes on the trailer. Nice to think that AS dealers look out for their customers and not put them in danger. Yup way to go on safety first