Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #61
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Sarasota , Florida
Favorite campsite

Our favorite campsite is Sunshine key Near Bahia Honda State park in the Florida Keys. Kayak right from the beach at your site through clear blue waters where conch shells lye in the seagrass below. Paddle to numerous private islands where you can be all alone all day or visit the state park via your kayak or bike. The campsite has a great marina and a nice pool and the proximity to key west is only 45 minutes. To sit back under the warm trade winds under a palm tree and have a beverage while your own catch of the day cooks to me is heaven.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4881.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	350.3 KB
ID:	194265   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4882.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	194266  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5152.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	411.4 KB
ID:	194267   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5101.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	492.9 KB
ID:	194268  

Old 08-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #62
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Cruiser View Post
CA Streamer, that is absolutely beautiful! I was hoping you would post again where it is.

Deb
That's Kirk Creek campground on the Big Sur, CA coast, Deb. It's a National Forest campground and it's dry camping only. They no longer even have water. Going there in early October for 5 days. The Big Sur Jade Festival will also be going on in the area at that time.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVESALLY View Post
Our favorite campsite is Sunshine key Near Bahia Honda State park in the Florida Keys. Kayak right from the beach at your site through clear blue waters where conch shells lye in the seagrass below. Paddle to numerous private islands where you can be all alone all day or visit the state park via your kayak or bike. The campsite has a great marina and a nice pool and the proximity to key west is only 45 minutes. To sit back under the warm trade winds under a palm tree and have a beverage while your own catch of the day cooks to me is heaven.
That's a must-do someday! Thanks for sharing...
Old 08-27-2013, 04:27 AM   #64
Retired USAF (kinda)

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Meridian , Idaho
Too Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetahoen View Post
Sockeye Campground at Redfish Lake, south of Stanley, Idaho

Please do not share this info with Non-AirStreamers

Dunka
That's why it's known as "Idafornia."
av8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1990 25' Excella
Sisters , Oregon
My wife and I will be full-timing for 1-2 years and I hope to find some great ones to share here. Also hope to camp in some of the places mentioned here.

Poppy
John&Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #66
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
I agree mostly with Sunshine key. However we experienced much partying with loud music on the weekends. Seems Miami moves south on the weekends complete with refrigerators stoves golf carts outside patios complete with all the furniture from home and as I said lud music and talk, singing. I know many will not be bothered by this. I was almost run over by a cart after dark, like a mini racetrack. In spite of this I would go back because of all the positive things mentioned. The staff was excellent in handling the situation the best they could. I understand they need to make a living, so the weekend thing will go on. Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #67
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Crestview , Florida
We experienced the same thing at Sunshine Key on our Caravan: "Follow Me to Paradise". Although the caravan does not exist anymore, WBCCI is doing a rally there in April. Little do they know that you can't stay in that park past March 30th. That's when all **** breaks loose there and ain't nothing the manegement can do because the Miamians are their source of income for the whole summer. They move in on April 1st.
Other times the place is like Paradise.
Libo is offline   Reply With Quote