Old 10-22-2011, 09:29 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
1970 23' Safari
Columbia Falls , Montana
Last year we tried to squeeze in one last camping weekend before the first snow. We had just set up camp, popped the tops on our beverages and settled into our comfy camp chairs when one of our kids went in to use the bathroom. Suddenly we heard the sound of gushing water, which at the time we likened to Niagra Falls. We catapulted from our chairs to investigate and, after opening the rear service panel found the source. In our panicked state it took us what seemed like an eternity to shut off the water and realized that we had a bad valve that decided to give way as soon as our daughter turned the water on.

It took about three days in a heated garage with fans running from various angles to dry it out. To this day I still flinch at the sound of running water when camping!

MTsafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:15 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member
1983 31' Excella
2005 30' Classic
1993 33' Land Yacht
Wellfleet , Massachusetts
After reading these post I now know I must add Duct Tape and a sheet of heavy plastic , and a knife , A small roll of mechanics wire too to my list of things to bring along on our trip . Just never know what's going to happen

Don.44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:32 AM   #17
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Wow, I guess we have been pretty lucky so far with our beat up old trailer. But I can tell you an embarrassing moment. Coming back from a rally in Texas we stopped at a 4 way stop sign. One of those town squares that are in every small Texas town. Started to turn left, got right in the middle of the intersection, and all wheels locked up on the trailer. It would not budge. Naturally we had every lane in every direction blocked. My wife and I got out, I am looking for worst case scenario and she goes for the obvious. She was right, the electric brake connector had deployed. Popped the little plug back into the electric connector and all was well. We could leave and the people stacked up at the stop signs could continue on their way as well. Once we got home a close inspection showed the cable that connects between the TV and the trailer had been cut and spliced a few times. It was simply too short and got caught on the Rock Guards as we rounded the corner. We have a new one now, with a longer cable.

Chuck & Skye
Rock and Roll Will Never Die!

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote