Old 08-01-2015, 01:12 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' International
Houston , Texas
I would not register a claim with my insurance company. Insurance companies maintain a database that is accessible to all of them and they report all issues whether or not they pay a claim. It is sort of like having a negative mark on your credit report. May not make any difference in the end by why take the chance if you expect to get paid by the storage company's insurer?Jim

akjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:44 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member
2010 20' Flying Cloud
Hailey , Idaho
Carver 1
I'm not sure about JDSanders...they kept my AS for a week to work on the AC after they identified the problem, but turned out they mis-diagnosed it. So it took a second week to install an entire new unit...had to stay in a motel/with friends for those two weeks. Then they charged 2 hrs more than comparable dealers. Kinda soured me on these folks. jon

B00merang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 02:37 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
2000 30' Excella
Monticello , Florida
We were full time in an Allegro 43' bus. When we had problems we brought of authorized dealers and almost every time we had problems with the dealer damaged our RV. We estimate 6 months over 6 years were spent at repair shop all over the country. Almost every repair was covered by the dealer, our warrantee, or the factory. But the lost time and sleeping on a dealers lot was difficult. The last time was in Portland Or. when a worker was moving a 5th wheel and broke off the passenger side mirror which swung down scrapping the entire front right side of the RV which was the final straw. We were looking at a month to get parts, repair and paint job and near the end of our original 5 year $3000 warrantee and looking at a 3 yr warrantee would cost $8000 minimum. So we said screw it and sold the Bus and purchased our AS. We had a problem with the black water tank leaking eeek and brought it to an authorized AS dealer in Boise Id who fixed it, at no charge.

We again had a problem on a trip to the keys with the black water tank leaking.

We were in a tight time fix having made campground reservation up to NY and back home via Nashville beginning 8/6.

I Called J D Sanders, Inc in Alachua, Fl who said it would be difficult to get the AS fixed by 8/6 but they would try hard to do it. I took it there anyway on 7/10/15 and the dealer got it fix on 7/17/15 almost 3 weeks b4 we had to leave. They filled the tank 3 times and emptied it to be sure it didn't leak. Wel'll see how the fix works on our trip.

So Lake Placid is not so far from Alachua. For when you need to get your AS fixed or when your next repair is needed give them a call. They about 4 miles off I-75
07007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 02:56 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
2000 30' Excella
Monticello , Florida
I guess the bottom line is a dealer is a dealer and maybe a wheeler dealer. But my experience was good sorry yours wasn't. Good luck and let us know the final result of the first of hopefully not many issues you may have in the future.
07007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 03:20 PM   #19
1 Rivet Member
2016 19' Flying Cloud
Martinsville , Indiana
I would plan a vacation to the mothership for repairs in Ohio. Their fault so they should pay everything for repairs exactly as it was originally plus depreciation. If necessary an attorney letter would be well worth the cost. Just picked up our 19' ASFC last week and can only imagine how that first dent hurts. Chalk it up to character and camp on.........
Good Luck!

hank1953 is offline   Reply With Quote