Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-17-2021, 06:44 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Rancho Cordova , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkrisjim View Post
We have a 2014 flying cloud with a front queen bed. There is a breathing sound under the bed. Could also be a creaking noise. I do need new batteries, anything out there to make me more wise.
In our 2014 front bed, the inverter is located under the roads side bed. Is it possible you may have left it on and the fan kicked in?

Or it could be a peeping tom...
J-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 04:33 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
Grayling , Michigan
We have a 2003 25 ft Airstream 6 sleeper. It has been very good and through 4 trucks. 1 am having trouble with the hot water heater. It has always worked great, and still does, but it has started to make awful noises. I had a couple of new parts put in it, and the volum of gas to it has been increased. It was good at high altitude this summer, but back here in Michigan it sounds rough, like it is going to stop at any time, but then it catches and smooths out. It sounds like a gas flow problem or like something is in the gas line, but after this was checked out the answer was we have never heard one like this but it probably not going to quit on you. Anyone else have this problem. Thanks.
cando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 06:26 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Wonder if you need lower altitude jets for the gas. Higher altitudes typically have a different sized oriface.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 11:32 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

huntington beach , California
Water Heater

Time to time we hear noises that we do not understand. In this case I wonder think about this. If that heater is original and over 15 years old you might have substantial corrosion on the inside. If the heater worked before with regular gas flow it should now. I do not like to put new money into old fixtures. Including plumbing
zkrisjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 04:35 PM   #25
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmommy View Post
Just spent a wonderful week camping in the new AS at San Augustine COE park in the Texas piney woods All went really well (especially the campfire Thanksgiving turkey!) but we were awakened early this morning by a loud bang. At first I thought it was just an acorn falling on the roof, then heard the same sound again about an hour later. Sounded like a loud pop coming from the front left side (near the water heater maybe). The water heater was not on. Propane was on but furnace wasn't running at the time. It happened again after we woke up and it was definitely not acorns! Sounded almost like metal popping. Any ideas what could have caused the sound?
We got it frequently with our '63 Safari, back then it was called 'oil canning' because the sound was the high decibel equivalent of what an old school oil can made when squeezed.

Bob
🇺🇸

Squeeze that can....👍
Old 09-12-2021, 04:42 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

huntington beach , California
[QUOTE=zkrisjim;2536782]Time to time we hear noises that we do not understand. In this case I wonder think about this. If that heater is original and over 15 years old you might have substantial corrosion on the inside of it.. If the heater worked before with regular gas flow it should now. I personally do not like to put new money into old fixtures. Including plumbing if they are 15 years old plus. Airstream sometimes can milk you if you let them. Best to cut to the chase and replace the entire unit or find a technician at Airstream that really knows his stuff.
zkrisjim is offline   Reply With Quote