Old 08-26-2007, 08:30 AM   #15

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Boy....airstreamers must really like to EAT.

and not just "eat"...but eat FISH!

Ok, I shoulda said: I don't like fish. only thing (to me) worse than that would be a "fish market".

really, I don't think I'm going to have the time for any "fine dining experiences". we're talkin, "I got a few hours", here.
I don't have flight times, yet, so I don't know exactly. I'm just assuming that I'll be leaving "some time saturday". I might have to get up and head straight to the airport...or I may have some time to kill. don't know yet.
I'll be on foot.

I like the idea of a ferry ride to "wherever", just for the sake of the ride and the view.
"space needle", too...probably all I'll have time for, and its walking distance from the hotel.

thanks for the tips...keep 'em coming. got some things to google, now...

Wbcci: 3752
'73 Safari 23'
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:21 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
If you only have a few hours and you don't go to PIKE STREET MARKET you have missed one of the most unique attractions in Seattle. Most of the really great things to see have been covered so I am only adding a sensory exsperience. GET up early one morning and walk down to Pioneer Square and smell the coffee in the air (if you don't like coffee AND fish you'r in the wrong city). Just kidding....but Seattle is very friendly (as big cities go) and laid back.

A nice walk past pioneer square to the SMALLEST national park (one buiding) and to the water front. Eat at Ivar's on the street (I forgot) you don't like fish. Down to peir 70. Ride a horse drawn carrage on the Water Front. Things to do on short notice.

DFord79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:23 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
O YA,,,,if you DON'T LIKE FISH. Eat at the Spaghetti Factory.
DFord79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:40 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member
1977 24' Argosy 24
Mountlake Terrace , Washington
My husband and I are natives of Seattle. Both born and raised as were our parents, siblings and children. Wouldn't live anywhere else. Even as natives we still have adventures pretending we're tourists for the day.

All the previously mentioned are great to experience. Check with the Concierge's desk and one of the larger hotels (Westin, Sheraton, W, Hyatt). They can assist you with anything from sites, places, restaurants, reservations, opera, ballet, concerts or sports events - you name it.

Take the Victoria Clipper up to the San Juan's or Victoria for the day. Go see Boutchart (sp?) gardens, whale watching. Experience the Puyallup Fair, concerts in the park, see the Pigs on Parade throughout the city. University District, Snoqualmie Falls. You can enjoy the restaurant while looking out over the Falls. Spectacular. Take a trip to the Ocean Beaches. All in all you are pretty much 20 minuts to an hour from just about anywhere. Always someplace to go and something to see.

Downtown Seattle in the center of it all there are so many shops and restaurants - new and old. Check out the views and sites - Discovery Park in Magnolia. Take a trip to Blake Island and go to Tillicum Village - indian style dinners, beaches, authentic shows.

As I said - we love Seattle and Washington State. Hope you have fun and enjoy.

Marya & Brian
w/oapaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:46 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member
Placitas , New Mexico
Ivar's Acres of Clams.

JakBluMule is offline   Reply With Quote