Old 11-24-2014, 05:20 PM   #141
2 Rivet Member
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Austin , Texas
Originally Posted by StagrLee View Post
1st day of owning a brand new Eddie Bauer (yesterday)...
Forgot the kids lowered the basketball hoop in the driveway.
Now I'm in the debate on fixing it with an insurance claim ($1K deductible) or leaving it as a constant reminder...

I was doing lots of maintenance on my EB and decided to see if the dent would pop out. It did quite easily with hand pressure. No leaks. All the insulation behind the dent it was dry.

If you take the corner panels out of the cabinet, I found that there is no inner sheet metal, just some glued on insulation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Repair.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	401.9 KB
ID:	227311  

"Stagr" Lee
2012-1/2 25' Eddie Bauer
StagrLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #142
3 Rivet Member
2006 30' Classic
Wildwood , Missouri
We had unhooked the AS and headed into town for a quick meal and noticed a car of young boys following us and followed us into the parking lot of the restaurant. I was a little nervous and wondered what the heck they were doing. Well, the young man rolled down his window and notified us that we had left the hitch pin on the bumper. Those wonderful young people followed us about 5 miles to let us know. Boy were we grateful!

kswelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:13 PM   #143
Prairie Schooner II

2012 30' International
1997 25' Safari
1967 20' Globetrotter
Burlington , Ontario
I was wandering around the vacant prairies in the middle of nowhere on a dry gravel, extremely dusty road, when I suddenly came upon a t intersection. Since I lost the desire to continue to seek the horizon in front of me, a turn was in order but I had slightly overshot the intersection. No problem, just back up a little bit and make the turn. So I backed up and smashed into a beat up Acadian (car not the nice folks from Cape Breton) that had been following so close that they were not visible in my mirrors. And it had nothing to do with the excessive dust. They were just that close. 75 bucks to fix my bumper. Zero to fix the beat up Acadian. Now I never ever back up without my spotter. But I have not been able to figure out why anybody would purposely follow a massive cloud of dust for miles on the sweltering prairie. Perhaps they were just in awe of the beautiful Airstream. Jim

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Jim Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #144
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
Had the AS in it's spot, all leveled...tongue jack on a cast aluminum tongue stand....raised the tongue off the hitch as wife pulls ahead, the AS tongue jack slide off the plastic LEGO blocks...the aluminum jack stand crumbles... the AS continues forward as wife stops truck so that AS doesn't hit the truck.. tongue buries in to gravel and halts.. having a good, strong, tongue jack is very important.. Having better security of the wheels so thing's don't slide off the LEGO's.. priceless.
Peace and Blessings..
WBCCI# 30676
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 05:11 PM   #145

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
We backed into a particularly sandy campsite and the curb side was just a bit low so I placed a short wooden block behind just the right rear tire and backed up onto it. Nice and level...
Another short piece went under the tongue jack and when the hitch cleared the ball away went the trailer . Luckily the chains stopped it before the Florida vegetation engulfed the Airstream.
Tight chains, tongue slipped off the wood and sank 1/2 way to China, the leveling block jammed between the two tires and the truck is stuck in the sand.
Oh, yes the front of the truck is blocking the campground road.

We haven't been back to that park in years
Hi Ho Silver RV! Vernon, Sarah, Mac the Border Collie -
A honkin' long 34' named AlumaTherapy
and a 26' '63 Overlander, Dolly
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:25 AM   #146
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
"I used to live in Chicago, I did but I don't no more"....😄😄😄😄

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums

'The Silver HamShack' (2007 International 22FB CCD 75th Aniversary model)
Multiple Yaesu Radios inside and many antennae sprouting from roof, ProPride hitch
2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote