Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2003, 12:46 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

cheapest unleaded today.....
$1.71 in garden grove
$1.75 in Wilmington....

AM-PM or Thrifty seems to be the cheapest

last Saturday $1.39 in Kingman AZ at AM_PM next to Walmart
oldvws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 09:59 AM   #22
Rivet Master

John
Thanks for the link, however checking veg oil out it is to much of a hassle and that tripple bypass hose is to close to my heart. Guess I'll just buy the average $ 1.75 gallon disel. By the way what is with the .9 in all fuel pricing? Dont' oil companies know how to round up.
Tinsel Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 01:19 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Price...

Talkin abt the price of gas...an how fast that truck will go..., well I pay .75p a litre, abt £3.35 a GALLON, for a poor quality petrol, from our local store...now I've been doin my own tests on the quality of fuel, and I found out that my car runs the best from this certain store's fuel, I get abt 350 miles on 9 gallons, abt 40 mpg, saying that I only have a 1.1 L engine...but it DOES have 4 cylinders...lol...and can clock over 90 mph, on a good day...going DOWN a steep hill...with a gale behind me...I do tend to speed a little...only when I feel it is safe to do so...
I am changing my car in may, I are thinking abt buyin a DIESEL engined car...but to be honest I know NOTHING abt them...so are a little put off...I'm told that they don't break down very often...but when they do...I'ts expensive...but the miles from a gallon of diesel is a lot more than I would get from a petrol...so I'm a little bit unsure either way...any advice here guys, THANK'S.
Every year, a notice goes up in our local fish & chip shop, sayin ... Due to the SHORTAGE of potatoes, we regret that our prices have to go up...now my neighbour accross the street, is a farm labouror, and he drives a TRACTOR all day long, tending produce...he tells me there is NEVER any shortage...but the price NEVER goes down agn, when the supposed shortage is over...
I can't recall petrol going down in price either...
Well all enjoy what's left of the weekend, b-good...Chris.....
Old 02-16-2003, 06:21 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Plenty 'o spuds here!

Chris, we have so many potatoes here in the US, it is not funny! How many shipping containers would you like? What color? Red, white, even blue! Many times, they are US$1 for a ten pound bag, during the year.

If I was in the market for a new DIESEL car, I would consider the Volkswagen Jetta, or Bug. One lady I know of is getting 55 mpg on hers.
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 12:23 AM   #25
Very american 4 a french

1971 27' Overlander
DUNKERQUE / FRANCE , Nord
French prices

About french prices , I can give you some average prices because there are great differencies btween motorways prices, city prices and supermarkets prices...

For unleaded , about $0,95 to $1 / 1 liter
for diesel : $ 0,8 / 1liter.
I consider 1 € = $ 1
Best prices are from supermarkets.

I drive a LPG truck and price is $0,6 / 1 liter. As I live on the frontier with Belgium , the price is there, only $ 0,48 / 1 liter; It's very interesting there, my truck is not an economic vehicle, compared with other European cars, running in diesel, but it was the best solution .

If we had to compared USA/ CDN and European vehicles, fuel prices in Europe are very expensive, so fuel comsumptions are very less than yours ( from 7 to 13 liters for 100 kilometers ) ,, speeds in Europe are more important than US ones, ( in Germany, on motorways, no limits... ) so engines are smaller than yours and towing capacities are smaller too...
Cars prices are expensive in Europe when we see yours.

We live in two different motors economics system.

Best regards from FRANCE,

Bruno.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gazstation1.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1495  
brunoffrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 02:44 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thumbs up Nice~

Bruno,
Nice looking rig~!
When I first saw the Ford, on another thread, I thought maybe you had rented it to haul your A/S to the port. It looks that I was WRONG..<s> What size engine do you have in it?
Is this setup for LPG? (Propane or Natural gas)
Regards to you and, family
ciao
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 03:05 AM   #27
Very american 4 a french

1971 27' Overlander
Hi , happy to meet you again,
thank you one more time for the plate.

You're right at first, the picture with the dually pickup was taken in USA, in november last year, and it was a diesel one ( 7,9 l ).
We can't find this type of trailer in FRANCE... I don't arrive to find the famous F150 , so about this one, the F350, ...impossible !.
It was a renting pickup, the only one I've found from ATLANTA, to tow my new A/S to Jacksonville, Fla. For the anecdot, no great renting companies wanted to rent me a pickup to tow ... only "american van rental"; without this company, it'll be impossible to put, by my own, the A/S on the boat.
incredible when you know than the F150 is the N°1 vehicle sold in the world, in quantity !

Mine , in France, is smaller, modest Ford TRANSIT, equiped LPG;
On the picture, you can see the second black tank opening cover, on the left side. A bit limit to tow... but it can and have to do !!!:

Thank you one more time,

Bruno
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ford&airstream.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1496  
Old 02-17-2003, 03:24 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Cool Second Cup

Bruno
You welcome..
I should've figured it out..As, I saw the Transit before..(just forgot it or, it's way too early to be up~!)
We're hunkered down, awaiting the storm that has blasted it's way thru Central Virginia/Washington, DC area..
Visited with a good neighbor yesterday and, yes we talked A/S~!
It's nice to have someone very close by with the same interest~
Are there any other A/S close by you in France?
Did you figure out how to refill your propane tanks yet? The best way that I know of, is to weigh the tanks before/afterwards. Just a reminder, which I'm sure you don't need, leave a little room for expansion. One the worst problems we would find here in the states was the refilling center would try to fill it completely~! So, for safety, the OPD type tanks should now prevent that.
Good luck on getting more plates for your collection~
BTW, it's cold here in NH this morning..4*F...but, yesterday was colder~! -16*F
ciao
Attached Images

NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 04:23 AM   #29
Very american 4 a french

1971 27' Overlander
Hi again;
No neighbors, A/S owners but many enthusiast people who want to know, how to do, where I've found it, the price....
What I prefer is the "last" anecdot about the boat who sunk , after have deliver my A/S in Belgium... That seems me lucky , this situation; It could sunk when going to Zeebrugge... with my caravan inside...

I've gotten informations on my lpg bottles, now I need about the refill action, at the gaz station.

Best regard from sunny but coldy FRANCE, too ( -5 ° celsius ).

Bruno
Old 02-17-2003, 09:55 AM   #30
pezz

1982 34' Limited
mire poix , midi pyrenees
not that far

hi im your neighbor if 700kms counts, thats nothing in the USA is it
you guys do miles to see a friend no? I used to fill my gas on my airstream by turning a bottle of gas upside down with a pipe going from one to the the other,with no regulator . a bit hazzardos! by the way i lefta photo of myself on the photo chat
you all had! nice one! perry:
Old 02-17-2003, 11:21 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Gas price in TN.

Gas price at Tullahoma area stations range from $1.56 to $1.59. Prices seen in Nashville this weekend were $1.61-$1.65. Nashville always seems to have higher priced gas.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 08:25 AM   #32
Very american 4 a french

1971 27' Overlander
Wink neighbour at 700 km ?

Hi Perry;
Yes I agree with you, it certainly exist other french A/S owners like you so you're the only one I know , by phone, email or by this forum; I wonder what the others do and why we don't know them ? I don't speak about dealers...
So, at 700 km from me you can't be my neighbour or I have a lot of neighbours before you, in GB, D or in Europe for the same distance ...

Sacré Perry !!!!

You ought to organize your rally in holidays seasons; it'll be surely easier to participate.

I've seen your picture, you're really like that ?

Salut, A bientôt,

Bruno.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:56 AM   #33
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Thumbs down Charleston SC

1.70 this morning.:

smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 11:54 AM   #34
pezz

1982 34' Limited
mire poix , midi pyrenees
Your far away neighbour

Hi Bruno !

So Europe is really that big !

I'll try to get some European Airstreamers on the chat, not dealers of course !

Yes, the rally, when I first started organising it I spoke to people who were retired and it must have made me forget about people with kids and school, work ....
I will do one during holidays as you suggest and maybe I even do a show. Yes that is really me.

My first Airstream came from a famous english clown called Coco. I also met a french famous clown called Zavatta, in an Airstream in 1980 in France. I also stanbled accross a very old spanish clown in the middle of nowhere in an Airstream in Spain in 1985. So here is a little bit of Airstream for you, I'll try to find out more.

TO YOU ALL
Always look towards the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.

Bye
Old 02-19-2003, 09:30 AM   #35
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
St. Catharines , South Western Ontario
In a Nutshell
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2003, 10:34 AM   #36
4 Rivet Member

1953 25' Cruiser
Canton , Mississippi
On 2-18-03 in Madison Mississippi, I paid $1.649 for diesel used in my 1981 Mercedes 240 D.

I go to a truckstop near my house. This is about as low as it goes around here. Regular is about 10 cents cheaper.
dmreilly10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 11:06 AM   #37
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Super

Orange County CA.
2/19/03 Super in my wagon this morning,
2.13 gal.
I am wondering where it will be in March, when I have to travel from Los Angeles to Dallas. Usually it's lower priced once outside of California. I think we're going to get hit very hard this year with the gasoline pricing. Means we will stay local with the Airstream. My rig burns about $ 10.00 of fuel per hour.....at $ 1.75/gal.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:52 AM   #38
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Pick...

Hi Pick...
Yes...I think U r right there...tell U what how's abt U & I gettin our heads 2gether and inventing a POTATO JUICE what we could use as fuel...don't tell me...it's ALREADY bn done...lol.
Talking of VEG:..I can't recall c-ing any VEG shops whilst we were in Orlando...don't U have such shops out there, I found the produce we needed in W/World...but found it strange not going to a shop that ONLY sells fruit & veg...
A freind of mine runs a V W GOLF gti 1800cc, petrol, an he swears his engine is bullet proof...he's done over 45,000 miles, with NO major repairs, he has had it abt 3 years now...so there may b something in that...
I got a loyalty pack from work 2day, for being there ten years...I gotta choose a gift from a catalouge...darn if I can find the pages with the AIRSTREAMS on...sigh...!!!!.....
Take care all...Chris.....
Old 02-21-2003, 02:33 PM   #39
3 Rivet Member

1981 28' Airstream 280
Griffin , Georgia
in my town Griffin , Ga is it $1.539
but on I-75 exit# 221 at sams club and BJ's wholesale it is
$1.389
jpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 02:53 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by jpurdy
in my town Griffin , Ga is it $1.539
but on I-75 exit# 221 at sams club and BJ's wholesale it is
$1.389
Your going to get us Georgia people linched letting them know how little we pay here. We have about the lowest prices in the country.

Most places are taxing the fuel higher then here is why.

My vehicles don't like regular and 3 out of the 4 will do ok on Mid grade. Costco near me sells regular and super, no mid grade. My vehicles also don't like what ever it is they are pumping so I haven't been getting gas there. Filled up this morning at Chevron for $1.57 a gallon for Mid grade.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote