Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #41
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezyx46 View Post
One detail not mentioned above is access to a wash station. After weeks on the road, or in areas with muddy roads, it would be nice for a campground to have a cement area far from others to wash the worst mud off. Or even a covered wash bay high enough to tow a trailer right in. I suspect many campers would be glad to pay extra for that option. It is often hard to find even a decent car wash in reach of many campgrounds just to get the truck cleaned up.
I'm used to looking for coin washes that I could get an 18-wheeler into & out of. This facility type is the usual American highway eyesore on the edge of every American town. It has also been designed to deal with wash water disposal. And a very high rate of consumption.

A campground that was out back of a convenience store / fuel retailer -- down a short road -- would also benefit from laundromat and coin car wash. It would be the model I'd use were I ever interested in having an RV campground. It's not quite what we see in the oilfield, but it'd be a millionaires property in short order if we did.

There's always room for overnighters or longer term vacationers slightly separated from long-term renters in the best design layout.

And, BLUE BEACON is a chain of truck washes that will do quite a nice job on TT & TV.

slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #42
Wise Elder

2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
Our needs vary depending on the trip, however the difference between campgrounds we like the best and ones that we don't return to has a lot to do with:

- Spacing between sites and use of appropriate screening techniques.
- Availability of sites with suitable hookups. 50a in hot weather, water and sewer for stays of more than one night.
- Proper building and grounds management. Grass that grows, roads that are graded, fresh paint when needed, hookups that work, clean convenient trash disposal
- Attentive, friendly, organized office staff. (Everyone has stories of places where they'll never return due to rude or unreasonable staff. Offices that close early or are understaffed are also frustrating)
- Shaded sites.
- Reasonably effective control of biting insects and poisonous plants.
- Sites located away from highway noise.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:20 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
East Durham , New York
fav park

Would have to second, and third Oliver Lee in NM. The most beautiful place I've ever camped. Like being on Mars, but with cactus and lizards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2266.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	339.1 KB
ID:	210289  
bluvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Saint Augustine , Florida
Beautiful scenery and quiet solitude right outside your camper door.