Old 09-11-2016, 09:53 AM   #113
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
We were just on one of those roads in Glacier a few weeks ago. It was bumpy in our 4wd truck at slow speeds and I was very thankful we did not have the AS behind us. AS will do a lot of things but I would have never thought to do those roads with it, mainly for the switchbacks. That being said, I would expect that some things like the microwave, would have been secured and stayed in position. We have had some movement on bumpy paved roads and the random unpaved road we have been on in a campground but nothing like you have described. We have the twin beds with the nightstand between and it did get pulled off its mounting one day. The hubs was able to fix it and add longer screws to the locking mechanism on the drawer. I agree with other posters and hope you will try again to talk to someone higher up in AS about the things that one would expect to be secure in any case that were not.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:35 AM   #114
3 Rivet Member

2016 23' International
Salem , Oregon
To those that have the 23FB I have added the 15" tires and Sendell wheels along with the Dexter lift kit.

This extra 3" of lift makes it possible to back my trailer in to its parking spot without having to drag out a lot of lumber to get past the dips in the driveway.

I do not notice any difference in towing. Pretty in expensive for such a major improvement at least for me.

Dave

Old 09-12-2016, 02:31 PM   #115
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
AAP / OP

How did you make out with AS Adv NW?
Old 11-13-2016, 08:02 PM   #116
4 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
2015 23' FB International
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoResults View Post
To those that have the 23FB I have added the 15" tires and Sendell wheels along with the Dexter lift kit.

This extra 3" of lift makes it possible to back my trailer in to its parking spot without having to drag out a lot of lumber to get past the dips in the driveway.

I do not notice any difference in towing. Pretty in expensive for such a major improvement at least for me.

Dave
Dave,
Would you mind posting pictures of you 23FB with the lift kit? Also, who installed your lift kit? I did it myself on our 19' Bambi but really do not want to tackle the double axle, and finding someone who knows how to properly jack up an AS has been challenging.

Thanks,
Old 11-13-2016, 08:09 PM   #117
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Explore More has a YouTube video of him putting a Dexter 3" lift on a FC 30' himself.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:18 PM   #118
3 Rivet Member

2016 23' International
Salem , Oregon
I will post a picture tomorrow for you.. I had a dexter axle dealer install it for me. Total cost 378 including parts.

Dave
Old 11-14-2016, 05:45 AM   #119
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Quebec , Quebec
Quote:

Dave
I would like to install the same on my AS 27FB. We have to be carefull every time we back up against a slope or going down a concrete passage way. Does the installation of the lift kit affect the warranty?
Old 11-14-2016, 07:08 AM   #120
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
Quote:
I will post a picture tomorrow for you.. I had a dexter axle dealer install it for me. Total cost 378 including parts.

Dave
I'm thinking, when I finally retire in a few years. One of out first big trips will be to Oregon. I may go to your Dexter axle dealer. Then head for Alaska. Ha!
Old 11-14-2016, 05:46 PM   #121
3 Rivet Member

2016 23' International
Salem , Oregon
Steamy1 I cannot get my pictures to upload. The info I think you want is the measurement from the ground to the top of wheel well is 28" hope this helps.

Dave
Old 11-14-2016, 06:58 PM   #122
4 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Quote:
Steamy1 I cannot get my pictures to upload. The info I think you want is the measurement from the ground to the top of wheel well is 28" hope this helps.

Dave
ok; thanks for trying. I have the Dexter kit sitting in the garage and the 23FB is now in winter storage, so I guess it will be spring before I start thinking about it again anyway. I guess I could do it myself but would prefer to find someone with the equipment and knowledge to do it. With the fresh water tank close to the supports on the curb side and removing the gas line on the street side, it is a little more complex than the 19' project. I watched the YouTube video and it is fairly straight forward, but the 23FB is as little different.

I would consider taking it to Oregon and having your guy do it.

the 23' definitely needs the additional clearance.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:11 PM   #123
3 Rivet Member

2016 23' International
Salem , Oregon
If you would like to pm me I will be happy to share the company that did the work. They have two locations in Oregon.

I was very satisfied. Dave
Old 11-14-2016, 09:55 PM   #124
4 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Quote:
If you would like to pm me I will be happy to share the company that did the work. They have two locations in Oregon.

I was very satisfied. Dave
That would be appreciated. Thanks Dave!
Old 11-17-2016, 08:59 AM   #125
aap
2 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Seattle , Washington
my coach is ready, me - not so much?

hey everyone -

I wanted to let folks know that my travel trailer is ready for pickup and between Airstream Corp and Airstream Adventures NW - in the end, when all parties "sat down" the right things got done, and i'm very grateful.

unfortunately, and the reason I have been absent from "forum" life, I was diagnosed with cancer and had one of my kidneys removed.

its my hope that i'll be able to pick up my TT in a couple of weeks and then head south, driving and playin.

the big caveat to my future travel plans, lots of changing variables - i'm waiting on some testing, the results of which may make it impossible for me to drive the trailer - if this is the case - i'll post a thread in the classifieds sections. if i can't do the travel trailer thing, i will get a truck top camper or maybe a van

at any rate, i'll keep folks posted - thanks for everything!

-anthony
Old 11-17-2016, 09:12 AM   #126
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
N/A , N/A
Praying for your full and speedy recovery.