Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-14-2016, 05:46 PM   #121
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Salem , Oregon
Steamy1 I cannot get my pictures to upload. The info I think you want is the measurement from the ground to the top of wheel well is 28" hope this helps.

Dave
NoResults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:58 PM   #122
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB International
2007 19' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoResults View Post
Steamy1 I cannot get my pictures to upload. The info I think you want is the measurement from the ground to the top of wheel well is 28" hope this helps.

Dave
ok; thanks for trying. I have the Dexter kit sitting in the garage and the 23FB is now in winter storage, so I guess it will be spring before I start thinking about it again anyway. I guess I could do it myself but would prefer to find someone with the equipment and knowledge to do it. With the fresh water tank close to the supports on the curb side and removing the gas line on the street side, it is a little more complex than the 19' project. I watched the YouTube video and it is fairly straight forward, but the 23FB is as little different.

I would consider taking it to Oregon and having your guy do it.

the 23' definitely needs the additional clearance.
Steamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:11 PM   #123
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Salem , Oregon
If you would like to pm me I will be happy to share the company that did the work. They have two locations in Oregon.

I was very satisfied. Dave
NoResults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:55 PM   #124
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB International
2007 19' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoResults View Post
If you would like to pm me I will be happy to share the company that did the work. They have two locations in Oregon.

I was very satisfied. Dave
That would be appreciated. Thanks Dave!
Steamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:59 AM   #125
aap
2 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Seattle , Washington
my coach is ready, me - not so much?

hey everyone -

I wanted to let folks know that my travel trailer is ready for pickup and between Airstream Corp and Airstream Adventures NW - in the end, when all parties "sat down" the right things got done, and i'm very grateful.

unfortunately, and the reason I have been absent from "forum" life, I was diagnosed with cancer and had one of my kidneys removed.

its my hope that i'll be able to pick up my TT in a couple of weeks and then head south, driving and playin.

the big caveat to my future travel plans, lots of changing variables - i'm waiting on some testing, the results of which may make it impossible for me to drive the trailer - if this is the case - i'll post a thread in the classifieds sections. if i can't do the travel trailer thing, i will get a truck top camper or maybe a van

at any rate, i'll keep folks posted - thanks for everything!

-anthony
aap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:12 AM   #126
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
N/A , N/A
Praying for your full and speedy recovery.
rostam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:40 AM   #127
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by aap View Post
hey everyone -
... if i can't do the travel trailer thing, i will get a truck top camper or maybe a van

at any rate, i'll keep folks posted - thanks for everything!

-anthony
HEY! Now THERE's an idea! Airstream should make a truck-top camper! One could then pull a boat as well.

Anthony- I don't know you...but I sincerely wish (pray) you wellness. Life throws us curves sometimes, but homeruns are still possible after watching the Come-Back-Cubs.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:14 AM   #128
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Formerly Napa , On the road
I am looking forward to the fifth wheel Airstream...

But for now I am quite pleased with my 25FC that I have been living in for over two years.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:41 AM   #129
3 Rivet Member

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Anthony,

Good morning! Wishing you all the best and praying for your full recovery!

Snaken49

Old Cobra Pilot

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 12-26-2016, 10:42 AM   #130
aap
2 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Seattle , Washington
Thumbs up Got My Flying Cloud Back from the Dealer - WOW

Well, I wanted to update this thread with a happy ending regarding what turned out to be incredible post sales support story from Airstream Adventures NW.

After the dust cloud of our Montana trip settled, talking with you folks on the board, then Airstream corporate and Patti Bellucci, Customer Service Advisor at Airstream Adventures NW - "the coach", as Patti affectionately refers to the TT came back to me in pristine condition - they did an amazing job - it was better than perfect! And, check this out - they delivered it for free!!!

So, in the beginning, this experience that initially seemed like poison, in the end, like Nectar! Patti was a dream to work with, and even in the middle of my cancer nonsense, she worked seamlessly with my wife.

Thank you Airstream, Airstream Adventures Northwest AND to the best service manager, and my paisano, Patti Bellucci from Airstream Adventures NW

Also, "the coach" was ready for me, way before I was ready for it - just a point of clarity on timeline.

As for my stupid cancer nonsense - I'm hitting the road, until I cant ...thank you all for you kind thoughts in this regard.

May you all have a Merry Christmas (belated), and a fantastic new year!!!!
aap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 06:04 PM   #131
4 Rivet Member

1990 32' Excella
jonesboro , Arkansas
Just looking at airstream construction will tell you they are not built for rough terrain. Ex no rubber bushings between body and frame all appliances rigidly mounted and extremely low to ground.. after towing about 150000 miles with a 31' and 2 32' with no damage due to roads . I can say if you slow to conditions and treat your baby right it will do well. I am not saying there's not going to be problems but don't give up on it. There's to much fun to be had on the road.
joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 09:08 PM   #132
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
AAP,

Thanks for sharing all of this so other news like me can learn. Glad the service worked out and you will be back on the road.

Find Ray's post on his upgrades, they are mainly replacing screws and reinforcing key areas. Not expensive at all in terms of hardware, just time. Just got our new 2017 FC23D, and I'm spending time doing upgrades, tightening things, replacing cheap components, and adding a solar/lithium upgrade for off grid camping. I figure I got several months to get ready before we take our first trip.

Hoping to avoid the "shake down"!

Also, hope all is going well with the cancer, and praying for a full recovery.

My wife was able to beat it and had been cancer free for 5 years now.
Troutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:23 PM   #133
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
There is currently a possible breakthrough on cancer. President Jimmy Carter was given only 6 months last year and is now completely cancer-free according to the latest reports.
A new drug, developed at MD Anderson Univ. of Texas center is an injectable DNA interrupter of cancer cells. The drug takes a new path... it teaches the body's own immune-system to recognize the difference between a new healthy cell...and a cancer cell and attacks/kills the cancer cell. Called the "Jimmy Carter" drug colloquially... I cannot recall the actual name, but it's hoped that all cancers will be history within ten years. (I have a cousin who is a microbiologist at UT-MD Andersen and has confirmed the news story I read.)
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote