Old 10-23-2007, 04:04 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Smile What a Grand 2007 Camping / Traveling Season!

Wow, we have spent 61 days / nights in our Airstream so far this year. Pretty darn good when you realize we both hold down full time jobs with limited vacation time. We have just two more planned adventures until we winterize "The Tube" and put her to bed in her barn stall for the winter. We are heading to a NEU "Renegade" Rally this weekend in RI and then we are spending Thanksgiving camping with family in the Monadnock Region of NH.

We (once again) had a fantastic rally season with the NEU. LOVED the Perry Relay Caravan (NEU Unit Caravan) and we had a blast camping with our Airstreaming family (Airstream MH is my parents, Argosy is my sister's and the silver one is ours). We only camped once this year by ourselves, which was a really good time - we boondocked at Greenfield State Park in Greenfield, NH on the hottest weekend of the summer.

Just cannot beleive it's almost over for the season. Now to start planning next years adventures!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream_Family.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	47934  

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:16 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Almost forgot!

We boondocked just this past weekend in the barn yard of my husband's family farm in Chelmsford, MA. We attended a wedding down there and used our Airstream as a hotel room. It's great to have deep cell batteries and an inverter. We left the wedding reception a bit early so we could go back to our camper and watch the Red Sox win a AL playoffs game.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:34 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
On the road , again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
Wow, we have spent 61 days / nights in our Airstream so far this year. Pretty darn good when you realize we both hold down full time jobs with limited vacation time. We have just two more planned adventures until we winterize "The Tube" and put her to bed in her barn stall for the winter. We are heading to a NEU "Renegade" Rally this weekend in RI and then we are spending Thanksgiving camping with family in the Monadnock Region of NH.

We (once again) had a fantastic rally season with the NEU. LOVED the Perry Relay Caravan (NEU Unit Caravan) and we had a blast camping with our Airstreaming family (Airstream MH is my parents, Argosy is my sister's and the silver one is ours). We only camped once this year by ourselves, which was a really good time - we boondocked at Greenfield State Park in Greenfield, NH on the hottest weekend of the summer...
Wow -- 61 days of camping -- that translates into 16% of the year! That's quite a bit of camping.

Renegade rally? What is this renegade rally all about?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:48 PM   #4
Certifiable

. , .
Thanks For The Memories

Michelle,

We had a blast camping with you and Leon this year (our first with a trailer)and look forward to many more to come. There's something very special going on within the NEU and you guys always seem to be near the center of it all.

Amanda, Donal and I are going to take this opportunity here on your thread to THANK YOU for all that you do. I know you didn't start this thread looking for any kudos, but I'm going to hijack it for the moment and give you a cyber high-five nonetheless. Report me to the moderators if you must!

A big THANK YOU also has to go to everyone else in the NEU for so enriching our lives this year. It was a great season of camping!

GO SOX!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:56 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebfa
Renegade rally? What is this renegade rally all about?
It's a non-WBCCI rally. Just a bunch of friends from the NEU getting together and camping. I think there will be 12 rigs attending our non-rally this weekend.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:57 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
Michelle,

We had a blast camping with you and Leon this year (our first with a trailer)and look forward to many more to come. There's something very special going on within the NEU and you guys always seem to be near the center of it all.

Amanda, Donal and I are going to take this opportunity here on your thread to THANK YOU for all that you do. I know you didn't start this thread looking for any kudos, but I'm going to hijack it for the moment and give you a cyber high-five nonetheless. Report me to the moderators if you must!

A big THANK YOU also has to go to everyone else in the NEU for so enriching our lives this year. It was a great season of camping!

GO SOX!
Thanks, but I'm mostly there for the happy hours.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:44 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
It's a non-WBCCI rally. Just a bunch of friends from the NEU getting together and camping. I think there will be 12 rigs attending our non-rally this weekend.
Cool! Where are you guys going? Is this the Oyster Fest weekend?

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:51 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
Cool! Where are you guys going? Is this the Oyster Fest weekend?
The Oysterfest was two weekends ago (crowded, but yummy).

This weekend is at a county (I think) campground in RI. Guess I should read the paperwork.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:30 AM   #9
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Wow, we have spent 61 days / nights in our Airstream so far this year. Pretty darn good when you realize we both hold down full time jobs with limited vacation time.
We had around 50 days this year and my wife gets no vacation time, no holidays and no sick time. Every time we take off, she takes a hit, but it is worth it. We do a lot of trips with my Fly Fishing Club, but this year we did a bunch more with our new club, the Four Corners Unit of the WBCCI. We have made so many new friends with the FCU and it just keeps getting better.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:54 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1981 25' Excella II
Dillon , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
We had around 50 days this year and my wife gets no vacation time, no holidays and no sick time. Every time we take off, she takes a hit, but it is worth it. We do a lot of trips with my Fly Fishing Club, but this year we did a bunch more with our new club, the Four Corners Unit of the WBCCI. We have made so many new friends with the FCU and it just keeps getting better.
I've got to hand it to you, and Myboyburt. That's great to get that much camping in while both working full time. My wife and I were marveling over the 40 days we got in this year. We both work full time, and have 2 boys ages 9, and 15. We started in Moab Ut, then locally in Summit County Colorado, followed by boondocking in Telluride with your friends from the 4 corners unit, then a 2.5 week vacation across to Olympic N.P. and down the west coast to the Redwoods and back across to Colorado. A week spent going east to Indiana, local again, then our last trip to Moab again 2 weeks ago. All together we put over 10,000 miles on the old Airstream this year. Next year we plan to stay closer to home exploring more of our home state, Yellowstone, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico. Trying to cut down on fuel cost.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:13 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacerized
I've got to hand it to you, and Myboyburt. That's great to get that much camping in while both working full time. My wife and I were marveling over the 40 days we got in this year. We both work full time, and have 2 boys ages 9, and 15. We started in Moab Ut, then locally in Summit County Colorado, followed by boondocking in Telluride with your friends from the 4 corners unit, then a 2.5 week vacation across to Olympic N.P. and down the west coast to the Redwoods and back across to Colorado. A week spent going east to Indiana, local again, then our last trip to Moab again 2 weeks ago. All together we put over 10,000 miles on the old Airstream this year. Next year we plan to stay closer to home exploring more of our home state, Yellowstone, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico. Trying to cut down on fuel cost.
I think it was a bit easier for us. We do not have kids (which have activities of their own) and we didn't care if our grass got long. It was kind of a look for us.

We have been active in Airstreaming since 2003 and each year we do more and more with our trailer. The downside is our tiny vacation home is nearly abandoned! Oh well, we'll head up north and check on it this winter.

Oh, we do not let the cost of fuel stop us from traveling. We are happy to cut back on other things just so we can visit new (to us) sections of our fantastic country in the comfort of our camper.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:15 AM   #12
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Getting that much travel in within a year is great! We have logged a similar number of camping days in prior years but had a "reduced" travel year this year due to my SO's kneecap injury. We took the "down time" in stride and used the time to work on house, trailer and TV restoration. We are looking forward to camping more next year.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:34 AM   #13
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
It's just Jan and I and of course the 3 dogs (Bandit, Smokie and Gracie). We have gad a great year of camping and it is not over yet. My fly fishing club has an outing every month and we have been to almost everyone of those. When it is 115 degrees in Phoenix we spend a lot of weekends in the mountains cooling off. We also had one forums rally at 29 Palms, talk about cooling off. We also had several 4CU rallies including the big one at the balloon fiesta! We hosted two rallies, Dead Horse with the 4CU and a Crawdad festival with my fly fishing club. It has been a great year! We still have the New Years Rally with the 4CU at Picacho Peaks this year!

Next year we start it all over again by hosting the 2nd Dead Horse Rally!

Let's go camping!

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote