Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #161
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
Happy Easter, and, I'm sure this will make you feel better at work. Just remember, somebody has to work to support my pension.

Dave
Won't be me. Since I work for Uncle Sam, my taxes this year, and the taxes of three other people who make what I do, go to pay my salary for next year.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #162
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post

Won't be me. Since I work for Uncle Sam, my taxes this year, and the taxes of three other people who make what I do, go to pay my salary for next year.
No. Your taxes plus 300 others pays your salary plus the office redecorating budget for one congressman.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #163
Rivet Master

1982 34' Limited
Brunswick , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post
Batman doesn't fly into Canada.

But we have Mr. Canoehead.

HAHA! That is great! Its an aluminum canoe too!
WBCCI #3321
TAC #GA-24
Old 03-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #164
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Single Female Traveling

There are several ways to ward off problems when traveling alone:
  1. wasp spray + backup and dash cameras + remote start on the truck. An ounce of prevention.
  2. shave your head, don't shave your armpits, wear sleeveless blouses & stretch your arms above your head frequently, eat garlic and slug sandwiches
  3. go to a thrift store and buy the biggest pair of broken down work boots you can find. Always set them outside the door of your Airstream when sleeping inside. If you leave the Airstream to empty garbage, walk dog, etc., stick your head back inside and yell "Cleatus you lazy bum, could you just once stop cleaning your gun collection long enough to take the dog out/empty the garbage/etc."
  4. Carry a few pet snakes. I once made a Harley rider do a drawer dampening "girl scream" - with a harmless garter snake about 15 inches long!
  5. be careful, but not paranoid. ask for help from forum members about campground selection, and meet up with a few correspondents along the way.
Most of all - IF A PREMONITION does hit you stongly that you're heading into danger... keep driving until you can no longer hear banjo music!

Enjoy safe travels, Paula
Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #165
Rivet Master

1982 34' Limited
Brunswick , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Most of all - IF A PREMONITION does hit you stongly that you're heading into danger... keep driving until you can no longer hear banjo music!
Banjo music is very dangerous! Be careful
WBCCI #3321
TAC #GA-24
Old 04-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #166
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
On the......Eve of Destruction?

I am always intrigued by those contrails that slash across the sky.

Most of them are coming from the west (YVR or Vancouver International Airport) and are headed dead east or north-west. Right now I am parked directly under the old vector known as Green One. Sixty years ago I would have heard the propellers from a Trans-Canada Northstar airliner orchestrate the sky.

But for the past few days I have noticed a new contrail coming from the south-east, headed north-west. The contrail would appear with military precision. Always at the same time and at a very high altitude.

I was telling one of my pilot friends about this. He thought it could be an airliner headed to Japan or China. But when I mentioned "military precision," he believes it could be the USAF. They are deploying anti-missile batteries to Alaska and anywhere else they think North Korea could reach.

Scarey times.

And just when we thought we got rid of that other looney despot.....

Old 04-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #167
JDS
2014 Bowlus Road Chief

Cumming , Iowa
Quote:
I am always intrigued by those contrails that slash across the sky.

Most of them are coming from the west (YVR or Vancouver International Airport) and are headed dead east or north-west. Right now I am parked directly under the old vector known as Green One. Sixty years ago I would have heard the propellers from a Trans-Canada Northstar airliner orchestrate the sky.

But for the past few days I have noticed a new contrail coming from the south-east, headed north-west. The contrail would appear with military precision. Always at the same time and at a very high altitude.

I was telling one of my pilot friends about this. He thought it could be an airliner headed to Japan or China. But when I mentioned "military precision," he believes it could be the USAF. They are deploying anti-missile batteries to Alaska and anywhere else they think North Korea could reach.

Scarey times.

And just when we thought we got rid of that other looney despot.....

Hi FaN,

I thought you were going "Caesar Chavez" on us for a second.

John S.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #168
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
JDS, I lump the majority of conspiracy theorists in the same pile of froot loops. This is one of the whackiest! 5% believe exhaust seen in the sky behind airplanes is actually chemicals sprayed by the government for sinister reasons.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #169
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
JDS, I lump the majority of conspiracy theorists in the same pile of froot loops. This is one of the whackiest! 5% believe exhaust seen in the sky behind airplanes is actually chemicals sprayed by the government for sinister reasons.
Conspiracy theorists need to learn that, in order to have a conspiracy, the conspirators have to know what they're doing, and take deliberate action. Therefore the government cannot conspire, by definition. Incompetence and conspiracy are mutually exclusive concepts.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #170
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
I don't think she was saying that the USAF was laying down some kind of chemical barrier...just that they may be sending military apparatus to points north as a possible defense strategy against any N. Korean shenanigans later. That would not surprise me at all. Did I miss something else?
Old 04-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #171
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Conspiracy theorists need to learn that, in order to have a conspiracy, the conspirators have to know what they're doing, and take deliberate action. Therefore the government cannot conspire, by definition. Incompetence and conspiracy are mutually exclusive concepts.
lol!

Or, government in its excess, is a mass conspiracy of the unproductive, organized against the productive body of the unorganized!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #172
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrunes View Post
I don't think she was saying that the USAF was laying down some kind of chemical barrier...just that they may be sending military apparatus to points north as a possible defense strategy against any N. Korean shenanigans later. That would not surprise me at all. Did I miss something else?
Correct.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #173
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
I do believe that the government is spreading something in the air!

Why else would we get the idea that we should drive around the continent, towing 8 to 10000 lbs of stuff that you already have at home. Spending all our free time either repairing, updating, or shinning the 'anchor', and we somehow think thats fun? There just has to be a reason for this unusual behavior.

Dave
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
Old 04-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #174
4 Rivet Member

1976 27' Overlander
Missoula , Montana
American Airlines flies from Dallas Ft. Worth to Tokyo - a great circle route shows that flight would go over B.C-Vancouver Island as you describe. And, a scheduled flight would be... scheduled for the same time each day. A military flight goes when it needs to and would likely not be at the same time each day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	138
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	182525  
TAC
TCT
Old 04-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #175
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
I do believe that the government is spreading something in the air!

Why else would we get the idea that we should drive around the continent, towing 8 to 10000 lbs of stuff that you already have at home. Spending all our free time either repairing, updating, or shinning the 'anchor', and we somehow think thats fun? There just has to be a reason for this unusual behavior.

Dave
Now THAT is some funny stuff right there!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #176
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilnH2o View Post
American Airlines flies from Dallas Ft. Worth to Tokyo - a great circle route shows that flight would go over B.C-Vancouver Island as you describe. And, a scheduled flight would be... scheduled for the same time each day. A military flight goes when it needs to and would likely not be at the same time each day.
Maybe that's where they empty their black water tanks en route?
Old 04-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #177
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrunes View Post
Maybe that's where they empty their black water tanks en route?
They have one wicked sense of humour!

Old 04-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #178
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilnH2o View Post
awwwww.....phooey! I like the idea of the USAF overhead, protecting this little ol' Canadian. I was even starting to watch the clock so I could go outside and wave the red, white, and blue.

Now you're telling me it's just the daily sushi flight from Dallas/Foat Wurth?
Old 04-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #179
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Quote:

awwwww.....phooey! I like the idea of the USAF overhead, protecting this little ol' Canadian. I was even starting to watch the clock so I could go outside and wave the red, white, and blue.

Now you're telling me it's just the daily sushi flight from Dallas/Foat Wurth?
If you read my post, its actually awwww...pooey.

lol, smiles, olive branch.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #180
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud