1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Old 06-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #856
JDS
2014 Bowlus Road Chief

Cumming , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
Well, look at it this way: at least they were honest!
"I miss my trailer and bed!"

Hi FaN,

You do have a house, don't you?

John S.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:22 PM   #857
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Hi JD,

Two, actually, but one is devoid of furniture and is about to be renovated.

The other one - I've donated it as overflow accomodation for a transition house, and there's no shortage of women needing it. How sad is that?

Still no trailer. I wonder if there is a "transition house" for Airstreamers who are being abused by their repair shop?
Old 06-11-2014, 05:28 PM   #858
JDS
2014 Bowlus Road Chief

Cumming , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post
Hi JD,

Two, actually, but one is devoid of furniture and is about to be renovated.

The other one - I've donated it as overflow accomodation for a transition house, and there's no shortage of women needing it. How sad is that?

Still no trailer. I wonder if there is a "transition house" for Airstreamers who are being abused by their repair shop?
Hey FaN,

No wonder you miss your FaN! That's really good of you with your donated transition house. Life can be pretty bad at times.

Best wishes,

John S.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #859
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Yes. Home (on wheels or otherwise) should be a safe haven.

A lot of crap goes on behind closed doors.

All the best to you and yours.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #860
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Very nice of you to allow one of your houses to be used as an overflow transition house.

Maggie
Old 06-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #861
4 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Yakima , Washington
That is what I love about this thread, people getting to know people. We now know that you are more than a pretty face with a keen mind, you are also a compassionate person as well (although many of us who have been welcomed into your world via the "Breakfast Show" knew that already).

You will be blessed by your kindness, just as those who have been blessed by your generosity.

1997 25' Safari
2012 Chevy Silverado HD 2500
Duramax/Allison
dirigible25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:38 PM   #862
Prairie Schooner II

2012 30' International
1997 25' Safari
1967 20' Globetrotter
Burlington , Ontario
During the weekend rush on a Sunday evening in 1997, I was west bound on the Trans Canada Highway when the Jeep stopped running near Chilliwack while I was pulling a borrowed 25 ft Prowler. I called Fraser Valley Towing. Two young men showed up with two trucks in about 20 minutes. They expertly loaded the Jeep on the flat deck, hooked up the trailer, loaded my family into their trucks and deposited us at the Jeep dealership in Abbotsford where we spent a comfy night on the dealer's lot, camping in the Prowler. At 8 am the next morning, the service techs pushed the Jeep into their shop, diagnosed a fried coil, replaced the coil and had me on my way to my destination at Porteau Cove by 9 am. The charge for the towing was $38 and the repair on the Jeep for parts and labour was $97. I have told this story a hundred times as an example of thoughtful, courteous, respectful, and fare treatment of a traveller in need by the good people in the Fraser Valley of British Columbia. Clearly, FAN is another fine member of the Fraser Valley community. Jim
Old 06-13-2014, 02:17 PM   #863
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirigible25 View Post
That is what I love about this thread, people getting to know people. We now know that you are more than a pretty face with a keen mind, you are also a compassionate person as well (although many of us who have been welcomed into your world via the "Breakfast Show" knew that already).

You will be blessed by your kindness, just as those who have been blessed by your generosity.
Dennis,

Thanks, but I'm puffy and cranky before that first cup of coffee.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #864
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Pooey! What's that Smell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Flower View Post
During the weekend rush on a Sunday evening in 1997, I was west bound on the Trans Canada Highway when the Jeep stopped running near Chilliwack while I was pulling a borrowed 25 ft Prowler. I called Fraser Valley Towing. Two young men showed up with two trucks in about 20 minutes. They expertly loaded the Jeep on the flat deck, hooked up the trailer, loaded my family into their trucks and deposited us at the Jeep dealership in Abbotsford where we spent a comfy night on the dealer's lot, camping in the Prowler. At 8 am the next morning, the service techs pushed the Jeep into their shop, diagnosed a fried coil, replaced the coil and had me on my way to my destination at Porteau Cove by 9 am. The charge for the towing was $38 and the repair on the Jeep for parts and labour was $97. I have told this story a hundred times as an example of thoughtful, courteous, respectful, and fare treatment of a traveller in need by the good people in the Fraser Valley of British Columbia. Clearly, FAN is another fine member of the Fraser Valley community. Jim
Jim,

Good to hear my neighbours treated you so well.

The Fraser Valley is a wonderful place -
just don't find yourself downwind when the dairy farmers are spreading that liquid manure!

Old 06-13-2014, 11:54 PM   #865
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Finally got the FaN back today. Despite the delay, am happy with the "new" bumper.

Am wondering if the dealershp scored a used one as it doesn't seem as shiny as the original (or else the new ones are duller). I don't really care; is better than that big dent (was damaged at dealership in November).

They still hadn't received the new deadbolt. I told them, I don't care, I really needed to get my "home" back. I have a feeling Canadian Airstreamers are at a disadvantage when it comes to ordering parts from JC because it takes so long.

Anyway, will be back sleeping in the beloved FaN tonight.....and all's right with this little life again.

z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z
Old 06-14-2014, 12:08 AM   #866
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post
Finally got the FaN back today. Despite the delay, am happy with the "new" bumper.

Am wondering if the dealershp scored a used one as it doesn't seem as shiny as the original (or else the new ones are duller). I don't really care; is better than that big dent (was damaged at dealership in November).

They still hadn't received the new deadbolt. I told them, I don't care, I really needed to get my "home" back. I have a feeling Canadian Airstreamers are at a disadvantage when it comes to ordering parts from JC because it takes so long.

Anyway, will be back sleeping in the beloved FaN tonight.....and all's right with this little life again.

z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z
Hi, glad to hear that you got your FaN back. If the dealer damaged the bumper, and it was going to take a long time to get one, they should have pulled one off of a new unit and sent you on your way. No excuse for not getting your lock, or parts to fix yours.

Night, night, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:20 AM   #867
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
There's nothing like your own bed.

Sleep well,

Maggie
Old 06-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #868
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, glad to hear that you got your FaN back. If the dealer damaged the bumper, and it was going to take a long time to get one, they should have pulled one off of a new unit and sent you on your way. No excuse for not getting your lock, or parts to fix yours.

Night, night, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.
Hi Bob,

They are usually pretty good, but I agree. They could have done better.

p.s. I'm not scratching this a.m.