Old 04-08-2014, 09:42 AM   #827
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, parts available at most auto parts stores. Commonly known as a block warmer/heater. Or pop one of these out of your neighbor's Diesel pick-up truck.

That would be easy round here. All I would have to do is wait until they parked the truck next to the curve. As long as they didn't have their name painted on it, all I have to do is paint "FREE" on the side of it, and its automatically mine. I'm not sure about the actual written law, but it does seem to be the way it works.

Ken

Old 04-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #828
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
Here's a plan.

Obviously the problem is the time it takes to get the water in the boiler to boiling temperature.

First, install a supplemental 125 VAC heating element in the boiler. Plug it in well before estimated departure time. If there is any question, leave it plugged in 24/7. This may sound expensive. However, here is the innovative part. You power it with a green extension cord that you have firmly imbedded into your next-door neighbor's lawn. Route it directly to his nearest outdoor outlet. Voila, you now have free instant startup. One caution, periodically top up the auto's water tank.

As a service to humanity, I do not intend to exercise my right to patent this, so feel free to use this method without royalties.

Ken
I guess you could say this thread is a good place to blow off a little steam.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post
I guess you could say this thread is a good place to blow off a little steam.

Yeah, since you originated this thread, it seems like you should be able to bar the fun police from entering, but I guess it doesn't work that way.

Ken
Old 04-13-2014, 11:34 AM   #830
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
That would be easy round here. All I would have to do is wait until they parked the truck next to the curve. As long as they didn't have their name painted on it, all I have to do is paint "FREE" on the side of it, and its automatically mine. I'm not sure about the actual written law, but it does seem to be the way it works.

Ken
If you want something for free, there's a sofa along the road in Grand Junction with a free sign on it already. It has been there for 2 months and the rain and snow has washed it well, so I think it is really clean. It is in the middle of a funky residential area, one that was reputed to be a dumping ground for uranium tailings decades ago. I think the sofa glows slightly at night. It would look good on a porch and remind you of your college days sitting on the porch sofa drinking beer and contemplating those incompletes on your record. I'm sure you can get a blanket cheap at an ARC store to cover the sofa. Please PM me for directions to your free sofa. Better get it fast for it may come to life soon.

Gene
Old 04-13-2014, 12:13 PM   #831

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
If you want something for free, there's a sofa along the road in Grand Junction with a free sign on it already. It has been there for 2 months and the rain and snow has washed it well, so I think it is really clean. It is in the middle of a funky residential area, one that was reputed to be a dumping ground for uranium tailings decades ago. I think the sofa glows slightly at night. It would look good on a porch and remind you of your college days sitting on the porch sofa drinking beer and contemplating those incompletes on your record. I'm sure you can get a blanket cheap at an ARC store to cover the sofa. Please PM me for directions to your free sofa. Better get it fast for it may come to life soon.

Gene

I don't have to go that far, a couple of days ago there was what appeared to be leather sofa about a 1/4 mile away. It looked good and I thought it would be a great scratching post. However someone beat me to it.

Daisy

Ken wrote this for me. My claws get stuck in the keyboard and I can't resist biting the mouse.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #832
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
I don't have to go that far, a couple of days ago there was what appeared to be leather sofa about a 1/4 mile away. It looked good and I thought it would be a great scratching post. However someone beat me to it.

Daisy

Ken wrote this for me. My claws get stuck in the keyboard and I can't resist biting the mouse.
Daisy, have Ken get a Mac with a trackpad. A mouse is so yesterday.

Gene
Old 04-13-2014, 09:46 PM   #833
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
I want to come back as Ken's cat or Gene's house.

The former for the spoiling. The latter for another inevitable great makeover!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:17 AM   #834
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post
I want to come back as Ken's cat or Gene's house.

The former for the spoiling. The latter for another inevitable great makeover!
We spoil the house. The cat watches and wonders what craziness we will make him go through next? All those noisy tools, messes all around, things changing, cat box moving, nothing in the right place and all his hiding places exposed.

Gene
Old 05-01-2014, 11:10 PM   #835
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Someone wanted to know why the Breakfast Show has been so quiet.

I'm afraid the Breakfast slinger has been going a bit nutty getting her gourmet-food product off the ground.

I was on the verge of giving up because I could not find a commercial kitchen that would give me a month-to-month lease. I did not want to get locked into a 2 - 3 year lease, i.e. will people actually buy my product? Chock that up to a fear of possible impecunity....and horrors!!!......having to sell the FaN.

Anyway, the culinary gods must have been looking down because I have found a wonderful start-up kitchen - with a month-to-month lease.

I know I will have to give it 110%, so was wondering if it was even worth having the FaN dewinterized. I have to take it in to get the bumper dent fixed (thanks to an errant dealer lotman or another RV customer dinging it when it was being winterized last November). I will probably have it dewinterized; even if I can get away for one weekend, it would be worth it.

So, you guys will have to hit the open road for me.....and I will enjoy your travels....vicariously!
Old 05-02-2014, 12:04 AM   #836
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
....i.e. will they really want to eat it!

TWO DOGS DINING - YouTube
Old 05-07-2014, 10:29 PM   #837
3 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2016 28' Land Yacht
Baton Rouge , Louisiana
Hi FaN,

You have us all salivating about what your gourmet food product will be...still wish you would have come down to jazz fest with it but oh well there is always next year.For God's sake do NOT sell the FaN! Fugga about fixing those dents-like we are going to fugga about fixing our hail damage-another future link about what happens when your loved one ignores your request not to take the trailer out of storage...
annie
Old 05-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #838
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Hi Annie. I have no intention of selling the FaN. I still look at FaN with the kind of endearment that is usually reflected in a lover's eye.

I will be lucky to get one short road trip in this year. A new business is not compatible with holidaying.

Looks like your pooch is ready for Jazz Fest!
Old 05-20-2014, 11:28 PM   #839
3 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2016 28' Land Yacht
Baton Rouge , Louisiana
FaNtastic you are not selling the FaN. The FaN club would be so despondent!

It would be FaNtabulous if you could incorporate the FaN into your new product/logo.

Wishing you FaNtastic success with the new FaNture!
annie

PS Yes our dog Traveller is the ever living best!
Old 05-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #840
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
I"ll never sell the FaN now!