Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #169
Figment of My Imagination
 
Protagonist's Avatar
 
2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 9,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post
JDS, I lump the majority of conspiracy theorists in the same pile of froot loops. This is one of the whackiest! 5% believe exhaust seen in the sky behind airplanes is actually chemicals sprayed by the government for sinister reasons.
Conspiracy theorists need to learn that, in order to have a conspiracy, the conspirators have to know what they're doing, and take deliberate action. Therefore the government cannot conspire, by definition. Incompetence and conspiracy are mutually exclusive concepts.
__________________

__________________
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #170
Rivet Master
 
Phrunes's Avatar
 
1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,197
I don't think she was saying that the USAF was laying down some kind of chemical barrier...just that they may be sending military apparatus to points north as a possible defense strategy against any N. Korean shenanigans later. That would not surprise me at all. Did I miss something else?
__________________

__________________
Phrunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #171
Rivet Master
 
Fly at Night's Avatar
 
2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,614
Images: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Conspiracy theorists need to learn that, in order to have a conspiracy, the conspirators have to know what they're doing, and take deliberate action. Therefore the government cannot conspire, by definition. Incompetence and conspiracy are mutually exclusive concepts.
lol!

Or, government in its excess, is a mass conspiracy of the unproductive, organized against the productive body of the unorganized!
__________________
easily distracted by shiny objects
Fly at Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #172
Rivet Master
 
Fly at Night's Avatar
 
2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,614
Images: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrunes View Post
I don't think she was saying that the USAF was laying down some kind of chemical barrier...just that they may be sending military apparatus to points north as a possible defense strategy against any N. Korean shenanigans later. That would not surprise me at all. Did I miss something else?
Correct.
__________________
easily distracted by shiny objects
Fly at Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #173
65th Anniversary CLIPPER
 
masseyfarm's Avatar
 
1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,184
Images: 49
I do believe that the government is spreading something in the air!

Why else would we get the idea that we should drive around the continent, towing 8 to 10000 lbs of stuff that you already have at home. Spending all our free time either repairing, updating, or shinning the 'anchor', and we somehow think thats fun? There just has to be a reason for this unusual behavior.



Dave
__________________
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #174
4 Rivet Member
 
OilnH2o's Avatar

 
1976 27' Overlander
Missoula , Montana
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 365
American Airlines flies from Dallas Ft. Worth to Tokyo - a great circle route shows that flight would go over B.C-Vancouver Island as you describe. And, a scheduled flight would be... scheduled for the same time each day. A military flight goes when it needs to and would likely not be at the same time each day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	44
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	182525  
__________________
1976 Airstream Overlander International
WBCCI 1054
VAC
TAC
TCT
OilnH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #175
Rivet Master
 
Phrunes's Avatar
 
1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
I do believe that the government is spreading something in the air!

Why else would we get the idea that we should drive around the continent, towing 8 to 10000 lbs of stuff that you already have at home. Spending all our free time either repairing, updating, or shinning the 'anchor', and we somehow think thats fun? There just has to be a reason for this unusual behavior.



Dave
Now THAT is some funny stuff right there!
__________________
Phrunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #176
Rivet Master
 
Phrunes's Avatar
 
1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilnH2o View Post
American Airlines flies from Dallas Ft. Worth to Tokyo - a great circle route shows that flight would go over B.C-Vancouver Island as you describe. And, a scheduled flight would be... scheduled for the same time each day. A military flight goes when it needs to and would likely not be at the same time each day.
Maybe that's where they empty their black water tanks en route?
__________________
Phrunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #177
Rivet Master
 
Fly at Night's Avatar
 
2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,614
Images: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrunes View Post
Maybe that's where they empty their black water tanks en route?
They have one wicked sense of humour!

__________________
easily distracted by shiny objects
Fly at Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #178
Rivet Master
 
Fly at Night's Avatar
 
2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,614
Images: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilnH2o View Post
American Airlines flies from Dallas Ft. Worth to Tokyo - a great circle route shows that flight would go over B.C-Vancouver Island as you describe. And, a scheduled flight would be... scheduled for the same time each day. A military flight goes when it needs to and would likely not be at the same time each day.
awwwww.....phooey! I like the idea of the USAF overhead, protecting this little ol' Canadian. I was even starting to watch the clock so I could go outside and wave the red, white, and blue.

Now you're telling me it's just the daily sushi flight from Dallas/Foat Wurth?
__________________
easily distracted by shiny objects
Fly at Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #179
Rivet Master
 
Phrunes's Avatar
 
1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post

awwwww.....phooey! I like the idea of the USAF overhead, protecting this little ol' Canadian. I was even starting to watch the clock so I could go outside and wave the red, white, and blue.

Now you're telling me it's just the daily sushi flight from Dallas/Foat Wurth?
If you read my post, its actually awwww...pooey.

lol, smiles, olive branch.
__________________
Phrunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #180
Rivet Master
 
Fly at Night's Avatar
 
2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,614
Images: 10
__________________
easily distracted by shiny objects
Fly at Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #181
Rivet Master
 
Phrunes's Avatar
 
1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,197
That's a " toad in the hole" sammie, huh?
__________________
Phrunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #182
Rivet Master
 
Fly at Night's Avatar
 
2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,614
Images: 10
Happy face sammie because I spent the afternoon getting the FaN ready for the first launch of the season.

Speaking of which - love this photo and caption:

Michael Collins is the only human, living or dead, not contained in the frame of this picture....

__________________

__________________
easily distracted by shiny objects
Fly at Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modernism Week/Vintage Trailer Show WRDinAZ Off Topic Forum 2 02-13-2011 01:43 AM
Show Me Your Wheel Well Patches skittles Wheel Wells 5 01-20-2011 07:26 PM
Chicago Boat, RV & Outdoor Show Jan. 12-16, 2011 Jezibels On The Road... 3 01-11-2011 01:22 PM
Finds at the Greensboro, NC RV Show goswick General Motorhome Topics 0 01-09-2011 07:22 AM
NOVA Cleveland Ohio RV show DanB WBCCI Rallies & Events 8 01-08-2011 09:18 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.