Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Website Campground Specials - Save MONEY

I am going to San Antonio in June - and plan to be in a campground from Sunday June 12 through Friday June 17... I decided to stay at Traveler's World which is less than 3 miles from the Grand Hyatt where our Convention will be meeting. It also had very good reviews, including one on my other travel thread.

I checked their website which had Sunday through THURSDAY for half price, and Passport America reservations for half price....... So, at $42 per day it made sense to join Passport America for $44 which I did.

It turned out that Passport America was ONE DAY half price. Since I did NOT mention the website special "Monday-Thursday half price" the reservations clerk I spoke to told me the total would be around $225. As soon as I mentioned the website special (which you have to CALL to get) she modified the total down to $147. Moral of the story - always mention "I was on your website and saw the special deal..............." Then the person taking your order will give you the lower price.

I'm just ever so slightly put off by companies having PUBLIC special rates that aren't offered to everyone, but in reality you can always find "buy one get one free" coupons for restaurants, etc. Website offers are in fact Virtual Coupons. Make sure you USE them. Almost $100 back in my pocket just for saying ONE phrase... wow. I'll go out and buy 3/4 tank of diesel with that!

So now, to get my money's worth out of the Passport America - guess I'll have to look for those campgrounds on my trip! My mother, who could squeeze a nickel until the buffalo sh** in her hand is looking down from Valhalla smiling!

Paula