Old 06-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #1093
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Oh dear. Last night I caught a Moho dumping black tanks at a nearby Walmart. Their security cameras evidently had already seen it because the police came roaring up and surrounded him. Spoke to a manager at the store who says the moho owner will have to pay all the cleanup costs AND a big fine... and this store will stop allowing overnight parking.

I say he ought to have it all pumped back inside his lovely moho... and I don't mean into the tanks. 150 gallon black tanks

Old 06-11-2019, 02:00 PM   #1094
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Oh dear. Last night I caught a Moho dumping black tanks at a nearby Walmart. Their security cameras evidently had already seen it because the police came roaring up and surrounded him. Spoke to a manager at the store who says the moho owner will have to pay all the cleanup costs AND a big fine... and this store will stop allowing overnight parking.

I say he ought to have it all pumped back inside his lovely moho... and I don't mean into the tanks. 150 gallon black tanks
Good catch. Sadly, this is exactly why we can't have nice things.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:27 PM   #1095
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:

Hi, that's absolutely horrible. I used to say that I can't believe someone would do that, but now I have to believe anything people do.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:07 AM   #1096
4 Rivet Member

2013 28' International
Bozeman , Montana
Quote:

Wow, just wow. Where did this happen? The bad apples spoil it for all as we see more overnight parking restrictions and boondocking areas shrinking.

Reminds me of the Dave Matthews Band bus unloading their black tank on a bridge over the Chicago River. There was a tour boat under the bridge and passengers got hit with 800 pounds of waste. The driver that did the dumping had a $10,000 fine. https://www.newsweek.com/dave-matthe...rs-ago-1064129
HeadWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:49 AM   #1097
3 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Wenatchee , Washington
Walmart has just about the best cameras out there (fortunately!).
WBCCI #7180
21Airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:28 AM   #1098
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
My sister visited a winery in California where the owner allowed a moho to stay overnight, and found that when it left in the morning they had left 150 gallons of stuff in a ditch on the road out. We all know that CA has lots of public health laws... and the winery's owner had to pay over $1200 to have the ditch cleared and rehabbed. Now no RVs are allowed on the property. He had no pictures or license plates to catch the offenders. If I see this behavior again I sure as fate will use the phone's camera and call the police. Creeps like this spoil it for everyone. It has been 150 years or so since they figured out that typhus and typhoid were both caused by fecal contamination of drinking water. A modern doctor.might not be able.to diagnose it.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:37 AM   #1099
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Gainesville , Florida
As long as people are taught that you have not done anything wrong unless you get caught, this type of thing will happen. Too many today haveno self respect or respect for others. It is me only.!
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:48 AM   #1100
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
What an awful thing to do. This is a terrible thought, but I wonder how many times they did this, and where they did it, before getting caught.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:05 AM   #1101
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Also shows how cheap they are. They pay several hundred thousand $ or more for rv but won't pay avr. cost of $5.00 to dump or take time at cg that has free dump for reg. campers, further cheap to stay at Wally world as some do.
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:26 AM   #1102
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Cadillac , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by featherbedder View Post
Also shows how cheap they are. They pay several hundred thousand $ or more for rv but won't pay avr. cost of $5.00 to dump or take time at cg that has free dump for reg. campers, further cheap to stay at Wally world as some do.
This forum needs a "like" button.
Dingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:43 AM   #1103
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo Girl View Post
This forum needs a "like" button.

I agree. All the older forums I was on had a "Like" button, but no "Thanks" button like we have now.

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote