Old 01-08-2016, 08:02 AM   #785
Fuil-Timers

2005 25' International CCD
Everywhere , North America
Send a message via Skype™ to DreamStreamr
The Wal-Mart at Hilton Head Island doesn't allow overnighting - big surprise. That aside, we prefer Cracker Barrel for overnights. The food is better, parking often quieter than Wal-Mart.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

WBCCI #4822 - SKP #094415
find us here
http://dreamstreamr.com
http://dreamstreamr.wordpress.com
DreamStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:46 AM   #786
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Our local WM posted signs inn Dec. No overnite truck parking or rvs. Befor I did not see many rvs., maybe 1 or so a month but many big trucks and they were always well away from store and grouped together, not taking up needed spaces I don't no if village said no more or if got dif. mgr. plus local pd never hassled them.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:38 PM   #787
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1985 25' Sovereign
South Central Rockies... , "...'Stream'n the Dream" thru the USA
WalMart in Deming, NM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherbedder View Post
Our local WM posted signs inn Dec. No overnite truck parking or rvs. Befor I did not see many rvs., maybe 1 or so a month but many big trucks and they were always well away from store and grouped together, not taking up needed spaces I don't no if village said no more or if got dif. mgr. plus local pd never hassled them.
Just say'n... The WalMart in Deming, NM encourages RV overnighters. We stayed there last month and arrived around 6pm, there were 4 Prevosts and several other class A's. By the time we hit the rack, there were no less than 15 rigs in the parking lot. Security vehicles patrolled all night. No noise. Real cheap. I'll do it again.

WBCCI: 2197; AIR #: 36503; TAC #: NM-5

MaxAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:38 PM   #788
1 Rivet Member

1995 36' Land Yacht
Shawnigan Lake , British Columbia
I stayed at Walmart going from Florida all the way to Seattle last year,
I think that the Walmart's would like you to park there, it is good for their business,
not only did we stay at them, but they had camera security on us and then we always shopped there for all of our supplies, win/win for both of us.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:49 PM   #789
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1985 25' Sovereign
South Central Rockies... , "...'Stream'n the Dream" thru the USA
Quartzfest Hamfest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamStreamr View Post
The Wal-Mart at Hilton Head Island doesn't allow overnighting - big surprise. That aside, we prefer Cracker Barrel for overnights. The food is better, parking often quieter than Wal-Mart.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Hey Jim!

FYI: Bud Strauss and I will be at Quartzfest next week. Planning on posting the "Wally Byam RV Service Club" Banner on the awning all week.

Are you planning on heading down that way from Baton Rouge? Just ask'n...

Stay safe,

Art

WBCCI: 2197; AIR #: 36503; TAC #: NM-5

MaxAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:23 AM   #790
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Nowhere , Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by nensihart View Post
I stayed at Walmart going from Florida all the way to Seattle last year,
I think that the Walmart's would like you to park there, it is good for their business,
not only did we stay at them, but they had camera security on us and then we always shopped there for all of our supplies, win/win for both of us.
The security cameras are there to watch the campers, not the customers. Just my opinion.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:16 PM   #791
DW

Bogle Corner , Indiana
I drove for Wal-Mart / Sam's Club dedicated; while there are exceptions to any rule, here are some basics. If in doubt ask, the service desk will be happy to help. In general if there are trucks and TT's on the lot, it's OK to overnight. Be courteous; park as far away from the front door and out of traffic lanes as possible. Some towns have noise ordinances ( no generators ) ; those will be posted otherwise it's OK. Try and be gone no later than 9 am. Leave the place better than you found it. Spend 10 or 15 minutes picking up trash before you leave. Same rules apply to Costco.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:24 AM   #792
2 Rivet Member

2011 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Did not know about Costco. Thanks for the tip.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:18 PM   #793
1 Rivet Member

2002 19' Bambi
Auburn , Maine
I know this is an old thread, but there is a APP for that. It's called "ONP Walmart" It lists both places where overnight Parking is banned, and where it's permitted. It's on my iPhone. Don't know if it's available for Android or Windows.

What others have said about asking the manager applies, though. nothing like a little courtesy to smooth the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
Howdy......

Can anyone enlighten as to the truth that Wal Marts allow MHs and TTs to park overnight in their parking lots? I overheard someone say this, but as a beginner, I thought I'd ask the pros.

Thanks.....

Nick Danger, Third Eye
1989 370 LE
especially our 19' Bambi
blog: http://airstreampictures.typepad.com
FilmGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:39 PM   #794
2 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
Melbourne Beach , Florida
Walmarts are everywhere and have lots of parking space for trailers. Everyone I have stopped at welcomed us. I have the Walmart US map which has the phone number of all of their stores. If we know what town we are staying at we call several days before and ask if trailer parking is OK.
If we do not know where our evening destination will be I know there are Walmarts at most large town exits off major highways. I look in the lot and if I see a trailer I stop and stay there. Have never been denied.
I like Walmart overnighting. Only issue is in the summer where it gets hot. You need a gen set.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:33 AM   #795
2 Rivet Member

2011 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Just stayed at a Parry Sound Walmart. We drove through Toronto in the middle of the night and arrive in Parry Sound at 4:30am . 7 or 8 other RVs in lot. If you know Toronto highway traffic you understand why we drove so early in the morning. Pulling a 30' AS through rush our would be beyond my anxiety threshold. Off to California.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:21 AM   #796
3 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Blacksburg , Virginia
Classic !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
Got into Limon Colo late on a Saturday night. Looked at the Koa there, it was late, and nobody around. $45 to park for the night. Im a hard headed son if a gun, so I just kept driving. Headed towards Colo Springs. We saw a Safeway on the right just as we were getting into town. We noticed four other campers in the lot, so we pulled into a place between two. Noticed two local police cars sitting nearby chatting, so I assumed it would be ok.. Had a great nights sleep. The next morning, I noticed that the other campers, had for sale signs in the windows.. Ha
Oh well, no hassles and no charge.
We stayed in a walmart lot on the way back. In western KS. No probs there either.
Had a great week on Turquoise Lake CG near Leadville Colo.
Reading through the WM posts today. This one by 'Gettinaway' is a Classic !
LOL 'For Sale' signs, Maybe the tow vehicles were still attached, & included ? it was late who would have noticed? LOL

Have a good one!
Old 08-05-2016, 04:47 AM   #797
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
If I remember right two were motor homes. But to be honest, I was more focused on the two police cars. If they were ok with our parking there, I was ok.. They were still there when I turned out the lights. I slept very well that night! Ha
Old 08-08-2016, 04:11 AM   #798
4 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari
Saco , Maine
Also consider Cabela's stores. http://www.cabelas.com/stores/stores_home.jsp They allow RVs to dump their black and grey water tanks and to get fresh water. This is a very nice self-service for $5 alongside the store near where I live. I just used the dumping service yesterday.