Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-18-2016, 01:38 PM   #1317
PKI
Rivet Master
 
PKI's Avatar
 
2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
The trick to a successful campfire is heat!
-- snip -- difficult to achieve with the wet wood -- snip -- (the correct building technique) -- snip -- you have a fire worthy of the effort...
The key to a successful campfire is rain. We saw roaring fires with embers flying everywhere when we were East. In the West those fires would have leveled miles of forest and kept the fire crews in work for months. Many of the folks we saw in Yellowstone this year were there to escape the fires in Washington and Oregon, so our sensitivity was overheated. We finally calmed down enough to enjoy the wonderful campfire of another AS owner. It was a great experience and one we normally do not have. It rained here last night and we are seeing snow in the Sierras. Maybe if this weather system keeps coming we can have a little fire. Pat
__________________

__________________
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:41 PM   #1318
Got gandkids?
 
Jim & Susan's Avatar

 
1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,267
Images: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoublTrouble View Post
Think Album Cover , Bold!
Or Dodge marketing department ad. Nice Job, Bold. "Wish we were there"

Jim
__________________

__________________
www.nesa.org

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:52 PM   #1319
Rivet Master
 
Bruce B's Avatar

 
2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,302
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
The key to a successful campfire is rain. We saw roaring fires with embers flying everywhere when we were East. In the West those fires would have leveled miles of forest and kept the fire crews in work for months. Many of the folks we saw in Yellowstone this year were there to escape the fires in Washington and Oregon, so our sensitivity was overheated. We finally calmed down enough to enjoy the wonderful campfire of another AS owner. It was a great experience and one we normally do not have. It rained here last night and we are seeing snow in the Sierras. Maybe if this weather system keeps coming we can have a little fire. Pat
The things you learn here...
Glad you enjoyed the "controlled" campfire! I'll remember this when we head west...
BB
__________________
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:45 AM   #1320
Rivet Master
 
richw46's Avatar
 
2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,671
Images: 6
Although it's in the low 40s here in central Florida, still much warmer than back home. Even lower tonight, maybe the 30s but we're still enjoying being snow birds for our second year, going up into the 60s today. We're again at Hillsboro River S.P., Thonotosassa, FL.

__________________
-Rich

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:15 PM   #1321
Rivet Master
 
Bruce B's Avatar

 
2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,302
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by richw46 View Post
Although it's in the low 40s here in central Florida, still much warmer than back home. Even lower tonight, maybe the 30s but we're still enjoying being snow birds for our second year, going up into the 60s today. We're again at Hillsboro River S.P., Thonotosassa, FL.

First few years we "escaped south" to Florida we tent camped at Ft DeSoto. It was routinely hitting the low 30's that year...
It's nice to have a cozy, warm Airstream when it's cold out!
__________________
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:17 PM   #1322
Rivet Master
 
richw46's Avatar
 
2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,671
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
First few years we "escaped south" to Florida we tent camped at Ft DeSoto. It was routinely hitting the low 30's that year...
It's nice to have a cozy, warm Airstream when it's cold out!
Cold tonight, down to the 30s. There are plenty of campers here, large bunch over MLK day, I guess you can't pick the weather when you pick the camping date.

Our AS heat pump has been running quite a bit, I've added a space heater so it's a little quieter. Filled up a propane tank in case we need to start up the furnace.

This is Florida? Well, better than the snow they're predicting for back in central KY.
__________________
-Rich

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:18 AM   #1323
Rivet Master
 
Bruce B's Avatar

 
2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,302
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by richw46 View Post
Cold tonight, down to the 30s. There are plenty of campers here, large bunch over MLK day, I guess you can't pick the weather when you pick the camping date.

Our AS heat pump has been running quite a bit, I've added a space heater so it's a little quieter. Filled up a propane tank in case we need to start up the furnace.

This is Florida? Well, better than the snow they're predicting for back in central KY.
Hey, it is 22 degrees here this morning!
We're getting up early and starting our trip today. I know 30 degree weather is cold for Florida but the temps here are the norm and that is simply too cold for me!

Our preferred heat in the Bambi is the gas furnace. I love the way it just heats everything up instantly. Of course the Bambi is little so it is easier...

BB
__________________
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:07 PM   #1324
Rivet Master
 
Becky B.'s Avatar

 
1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,579
Images: 19
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1453327618.306973.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	255999

Gorgeous Florida Keys!
__________________
Becky


1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:15 PM   #1325
Rivet Master
 
Hittenstiehl's Avatar

 
1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,407
Images: 9
Becky B that looks beautiful. Where are you.

P.S. This month's photo contest is Airstreams and water. Look for 2016 January Photo Contest.
__________________

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 06:58 PM   #1326
Rivet Master
 
Becky B.'s Avatar

 
1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,579
Images: 19
View From Your Airstream Door

We're in the Middle Keys at Jolly Rogers CG. LOVE IT!
__________________
Becky


1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:31 PM   #1327
Rivet Master
 
Hittenstiehl's Avatar

 
1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,407
Images: 9
Thanks Becky, I will look that up and PIN it for future visits. Getting that close to the water is a bucket list item. Enjoy
__________________

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:43 AM   #1328
Rivet Master
 
GettinAway's Avatar
 
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky B. View Post
Attachment 255999

Gorgeous Florida Keys!
Ok,, we've climbed out of single digits to the teens for our nighttime lows. This is a killer pic.. Definitely on the list of places I will camp someday.
Beautiful!
__________________
2011 FC 23FB
2012 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab, 5.7 4x4
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:38 PM   #1329
Full Time Adventurer
 
BoldAdventure's Avatar
 
2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,697
Some photos from our beautiful sunset tonight out here at American Girl Mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-23-17.14.35.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	256167   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-23-17.15.01.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	256168  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-23-17.16.23.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	256169  
__________________
Family of 4 living, working & exploring the USA in our Airstream.
OUR BLOG | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
BoldAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 08:09 PM   #1330
2 Rivet Member
 
2014 27' Flying Cloud
Seguin , Texas
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 57
Awesome Sunset


Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
__________________

__________________
Laidback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sale of Airstream excelladep Our Community 9 03-12-2005 04:32 PM
Airstream History pjtaia Our Community 1 08-24-2002 04:28 PM
door key tomb Doors & Locks 8 07-17-2002 12:16 PM
Airstream Related List Servers Andy R Link Archive 0 02-22-2002 03:05 PM
AirstreamTrailers.com - Airstream Link Library Andy R Link Archive 0 02-22-2002 02:31 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.