Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2018, 07:45 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2017 30' Flying Cloud
Highland , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cegardner View Post
Beware!!! We had took our brand new AS 27 FB serenity to do our shake down cruise at WLYH. We were on a slight down hill slope. I applied the X chocs and the large blocks. I had the blocks on the down ward facing wheels and the x chochs very tight. Our large blocks were stolen and the xchochs released. We slide two feet. We are on our way to the AS dealer to check our frame. And before anyone says that the tires were cooler, that is not the case. Our blocks were gone and the x chocks were completely closed.
The front desk level of concern was that of, “Hmm, you will have to call the police.” With a shrug. This was not user error. It was vandalism.

This is 3 rd AS. Blocking our tires has always been on our checklist of unhitching and leveling.

Check your blocks every morning. Check your x chochs daily
Brazen little beggars. Sorry to hear of your frighting experience. If we are taking about the same thing my metal X chocks have a provision to put a lock with a key on them. Base upon your experience I will start using this option on mine in the future.
zapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:08 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2017 30' Flying Cloud
Highland , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cegardner View Post
Beware!!! We had took our brand new AS 27 FB serenity to do our shake down cruise at WLYH. We were on a slight down hill slope. I applied the X chocs and the large blocks. I had the blocks on the down ward facing wheels and the x chochs very tight. Our large blocks were stolen and the xchochs released. We slide two feet. We are on our way to the AS dealer to check our frame. And before anyone says that the tires were cooler, that is not the case. Our blocks were gone and the x chocks were completely closed.
The front desk level of concern was that of, “Hmm, you will have to call the police.” With a shrug. This was not user error. It was vandalism.

This is 3 rd AS. Blocking our tires has always been on our checklist of unhitching and leveling.

Check your blocks every morning. Check your x chochs daily
Another thought. I take it this park is in Olympia,Wa? If so they show up on YELP and have just barely have a 3 star rating. A review of your horrible experience once posted would help others to stay away. We are going to WA at the end October and plan to stay at Bonnie Lake north east of Olympia. Hope it's safer there.

Last time we went to WA we stayed ar Gig Harbor. So...so. Expensive and cramped. Most of the Freeways were under construction. Traffic worse than LA. No exaggeration. Not looking forward to this trip.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:10 PM   #23
:SPACE A" S/O 11 Air19745

2006 34' Classic S/O
Fort Worth , Texas
WBCCI Numbers deter Airstream theft because they are hard to remove and often leave a telltale ghost number. I'm still trying to figure out how to put big numbers on my roof like police cars. That would make looking for stolen Airstreams a snap with camera equipped drones.
guskmg
guskmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:23 AM   #24

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Sparks , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by guskmg View Post
WBCCI Numbers deter Airstream theft because they are hard to remove and often leave a telltale ghost number. I'm still trying to figure out how to put big numbers on my roof like police cars. That would make looking for stolen Airstreams a snap with camera equipped drones.

guskmg

Maybe a set of WBCCI numbers on the roof?
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:23 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff1 View Post
Maybe a set of WBCCI numbers on the roof?
Maybe just hide in the closet?

Seriously, I see a lot more folks putting a hitch lock on the front ball receptacle. Not sure about the X chock issue...I paid $65 for the pair on sale at Campers World few years back and have not considered someone stealing them. Would not be hard to install a cable lock around the wheel once inplace, if someone wanted to feel a bit more secure. Seattle area in general scares the heck out of me with my AS...I visited last year and had a great time from Yakima to Mt. Rainer, but when we went to Seattle for a day trip, the homeless situation was worse the San Francisco in my estimation...even just leaving my truck parked in public parking garage area by Pike Place market was very unsetteling...I hiked back twice while wife and friends shopped, to check my truck...tents and homeless folks walking all over in the garage area...

I also have called on Microsoft several times this past year and enjoyed going out to eat around the outskirts of town with no issues...not the same feeling as downtown area...
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:47 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2017 28' International
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I’d like to hear what the campground management has to say. Sorry just want to be fair.
VaTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:30 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
As an alternative in the Olympia area, I would highly recommend American Heritage Campground. Nicest commercial CG we have ever stayed at.

Dana
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:30 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2017 30' Flying Cloud
Highland , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTravelers View Post
I’d like to hear what the campground management has to say. Sorry just want to be fair.
I believe they already have.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:54 PM   #29
honi soit qui mal y pense

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Seattle area RV spot

Having lived in the Tacoma area and now visit from Oregon, the Western Washington Fairgrounds in Puyallup has full hookups with an on-site host. A great alternative RV spot in greater Seattle.
2016 Chev Silverado LT Crew 4x4
Robere is offline   Reply With Quote